Feedback Thread: MT-SnGs-Quiz

• 8 replies
    • goldchess
      goldchess
      Bronze
      The answer to question 2 is wrong, 7 handed we are no longer on the bubble, making this a good push again.
    • Murn90
      Murn90
      Bronze
      Last question are missing the blinds? and chips aren't correct for a 180 man.
    • David
      David
      Bronze
      Hi all,

we adjusted the answer nr. 2 and added the missing blinds in question 11, thanks!
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      question number 6. How can we fold 66 on final table when we're not even on the bubble?
    • FishermansFriend
      FishermansFriend
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      question number 6. How can we fold 66 on final table when we're not even on the bubble?
      Hi Bigniux!

Even though it's not the bubble, ICM effect early on the final table is usually pretty high in MTSNGs. The reason for this is that unlike regular 9mans where only 3 places are paid, here you are much closer to the bubble and the payout structure is significantly flatter.

wiz for example 6:

Arguments can be made for a -EV push if the passing blinds would damage hero's stack enough to loose most of it's folding equity, but this situation is not that desperate (although certainly close)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      well, yeah, i know that ICM suggests stay tight. But i just can't believe that. I was regularly playing 45mans on stars without using ICM (was quite weak reg at that time :) ), then i thought that i should try adding ICM and guess what happened, everytime i was at final table, i noticed that i'm blinding out most of the time. Even tho, i'm not good at ICM, but i don't think that i was way of the line. But what i know now, is that i will never use it again, luckily, i didn't bought sngwiz :) the only spot where i sometimes consider staying tighter is 3-4handed play, just because we're close to bigger payout jumps(i'm at stars 180mans now).

EDIT: Why i was able to complete quiz for gold members if i'm silver? :)
    • DonBartos
      DonBartos
      Platinum
      Why arent there any ranges given at the quiz? I mean you can make everything a push or fold as long as ranges arent given.

As for the 6-6 hand, I don't believe we should ever be taking an 0.07 Edge here while we only have 8 BB and we're basically the shortstack of the table with one other guy. But then again I kinda assumed it was a Stars 45M with antes, so that's a mistake on my part. But I'm not sure if the ranges are correct.

So therefor, why don't you either give ranges for the other players involved, or give at least a stake of the SNG. Overall, the lower the stake the smaller the ranges of villains become and the wider you can jam first in, and the tighter you must call other players.

Edit, lol. I see it's a pretty sick bump. It just got out in the Dutch community and it had a link to this topic.
    • FishermansFriend
      FishermansFriend
      Bronze
      Hey DonBartos!

Just stumbled into the thread, nice to see someone still reads it :) . Most of these examples contain many range assumptions in the answers and you will see that in the majority of the cases the correct decision will not be affected unless you put your opponents on very unrealistic ranges.
      Of course at the end of the day most spots are debatable in poker, but the goal here was to introduce different bubble factors and their influence on your ranges. I tried to pick examples that represent typical tendencies and are actually pretty extreme.
      You can always use the nash equlibrium as reference or even play around with the ranges in wizard and see for yourself that most answers will not change as long as you keep the ranges within reasonable boundries. I hope that's the case at least, it's been a while :) :)