The 128th blog by Mr Mardy Bum. (Micro Stake SnG's, Cash & MTT's)

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hello guys and girls! Oh and girls apologies in advance ;)

First off thanks for popping into read my blog I hope that you find it worth your time.

Brief Intro and Long-Term Plans

I've decided that after a good few months away I am finally ready to have another crack at building myself a bankroll (Again). I've built a roll or two before, but then either withdrawn or done something stupid because I lost a huge chunk. But that's all in the past and I am hoping to forget about all that and dig in for the long haul.
      No more insane volume or bonus chasing, just a relaxed, controlled, (hopefully) bankroll building, and profit making start to what I hope one day (under no delusions it will anytime soon) I can at the very least suppliment my income from playing poker.

I've already played quite a few hands and shook of the rust (so to speak). My biggest mistake was playing Rush poker and I don't intend to make it again. I've tried Rush multiple times in the past (When there's a promotion) and it's always ended the same way. Negative. I make a profit from the bonus, then I think it's the massive amounts of rakeback I recieve that give me a false sense of security, and I continue to play on after the promotion has ended and lose everything I've previously gained. This time was no different unfortuately. So I'm not playing it again unless there is a good promotion and I am suitably rolled for it.

I currently have my bankroll spread across Full Tilt and William Hill, and I also intend to have yet another at Pokerstars. I am going to run each one independantly and hopefully I want to put each one to use in a different way so that I can play according to my mood and also give me a change when I feel I need it to break up the grind and make it feel less of a chore when going through a rough patch - We all know it's going to happen, this is my plan to hopefully combat it.

In the long run I want to play MTT's at Full Tilt because I love the structure and the constant stream of satellites means I will every now and then get a shot at a bigger tournament than I would normally for a small buyin. They also run regular small stakes MTT's for $1 and $2 (that are not MT SnG's) and usually reach only 100 - 200 runners. Add to this tournaments like the Daily Dollar, The Chris Ferguson and the endless freerolls, I can't see a better place (for me) to play MTT's.

I then want to play cash games at Pokerstars, mainly due to this being the place I've always seemed to fair best. I'm not so keen on Stars tournaments due to the massive amounts of runners and lack of small buy-ins (unless you play MT SnG's which I don't really want to do). Stars have the biggest player pool for cash games and that goes hand in hand with having more fish at anytime day or night than any other site on the net.

And the third and final part of my bankroll I want to use to play SnG's at another site (currently William Hill, but subject to change depending on potential connection/traffic issues). I've only flirted with SnG's in the past and I'm not sure it is something I could play on a regular basis but I'm making sure that I at least explore all avenues by giving them a fair run before I rule them out completely.

Okay maybe that wasn't as brief as I planned it in my head - Apologies. :)

[B][U][CENTER]Musical Interlude[/U][/B]

Loving Professor Green almost as much as I am loving my Dubstep right now.

Anyway - Moving on :)

[U]Current Bankroll Standings[/U][/CENTER]

Full Tilt: After depositing $11 as I fancied "a quick game" I managed to reach around $80 (including a rush poker bonus) and then let it slide to about $20 and now it stands at $47.72 and I am currently using Full Tilt to play cash games and the odd MTT.

I recently cashed in MiniFTOPS event #11 for $22 and I current have tickets to both event #26 and event #32 and hope to improve on my results from #11, as I was pretty disappointed to get through almost 30,000 players to win only $22. I'd prefer to crash out early than waste 5 hours to pretty much min cash.

I actually started a new database today, mainly to distance myself from the terrible running I've had at Rush and so decided that in an effort to stay disciplined and focused to go with my new database I'd start a blog.

As mentioned previously I am trying to focus a lot less on volume, and this will hopefully lead to a better sense of table dynamics and allow me to observe certain player traits properly. So no more of the 16 - 24 table grinding like I used to, 4 tables is my limit for the foreseeable future. And speaking of limits I am playing full stacked at NL2 and intend to follow the 25 buyin rule, but add one table of the next limit up at 20 Buyins, should I be good enough to get there. Obviously once I get my pokerstars account up and running again I'll be doing the same there and using this solely for MTT's.

William Hill: I've just got another $50 starting capital from pokerstrategy and I'm still finding my way round the software, and so far it looks much better than the old Ipoker skins.
      In an effort to find my bearings I entered the Pokerstrategy freeroll and yeah I cashed to give my bankroll a massive boost of 60c. Then I went to the NL2 cash tables and all was going pretty well - I was a buyin up and some numpty outdrew me with what can only be called a laughable hand (but that's the players we love being honest), and I know that will happen many more times - but anyway I still ended pretty even and bankroll stands at $50.49.

I am going to start playing the SnG's soon but will just play a few cash games to get used to the software and give me a chance to read over some of the basic SnG articles from the pokerstrategy vault of knowledge.

Pokerstars: Here I've taken a little of a gamble by giving one of my refered friends a bit of cash to (hopefully) unlock my refer-a-friend bonus here at pokerstrategy which has been sat at $45 for longer than I care to remember now, should they make it I'll simply put the cash straight into Stars and start from there, should they fail (I'll moan at them) I'll wait till my Full Tilt bankroll hits $100 and split it between both rooms.

So now all that boring laying plans stuff is out of the way I'll get back to the tables and hopefully all preparation, thought and reading will pay off. I'll add graphs every Monday unless I have a particular reason to post one inbetween.
      I'll also be posting hands here and in the evaluation forums. Once I know about the limbo status of my Pokerstars starting bankroll I'll set a few minor goals for myself, but nothing relating to volume or profit, more strengths and weaknesses in my game.

Anyway if you made it this far then I salute you, because it does look like a pretty big wall o' text and here's a little attempt at a thread saver (Ladies refer to earlier apology - Although if you swing the other way. Enjoy). :D

I promise not to at least try not to make anymore massive posts

Until next time - Good luck at the tables :)
  • 6 replies
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Welcome back! I am now playing SH cash myself, and am up for sweat sessions if you're keen. Good luck! :f_biggrin:
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Y, good luck dude :)
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      nips :D
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hey jb,

I'll definately have a sweat session with you, I am mainly playing FR at the moment, but only because it's safer for the bankroll. I'm more than happy to play a bit of short-handed of though, give me a bit of a change :) . Bit busy this weekend, got visitors and also a couple of long tournaments on Full Tilt the two tournaments I am in are both super stacked so hopefully all going well I'll cash in those and boost my bankroll a bit. But during the next week (monday onwards), my evenings are virtually all free so pick any time really and let me know - I'll download skype again as well, keep forgetting.

Oh and thanks for popping by and the welcome back. :)

Hi Tim,

Thanks, I must catch up on reading your blog (I plan to do that this evening) I must admit I haven't kept up with everyone's blog but I am trying to catch up :) .

Lennonac,

Just one, was going for semi - tasteful...

On a more musical note - Any DnB heads that may pass by found this track today, in two minds - What you think?

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I've had a lot less time than I previously thought I would last week so really there is nothing major to note in my little poker world.

I've managed to fit in 1,796 hands at NL2 and I'm current beating it at 20bb/100 so I guess that's okay - But only a small sample obviously :) .

I also managed to get in 11 MTT's and 47 $1 sit and goes.

ROI SnG's = 12.9% - Which is good but this leaves me in profit of $7.30 and I've paid $9.40 in rake - Which is kind of nasty tbh.

In my MTT's I've made some minor cashes but nothing worth writing about, I crashed out of the 2 x SH FTOPs events very early, but I didn't pay to enter so I'm not overly cut up about them.

Combined ROI for SnG's and MTT's = 50.1%.

So that's a quick update, I'll be putting in a lot more hands after the christmas period is over - However until then I think I'll find it hard to get much volume at all. So mini-updates will have to do to match my mini-volume :D
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Full Tilt
      SB ($2.35)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($2.05)
      UTG+1 ($1.25)
      UTG+2 ($1.03)
      Hero ($2.03)
      BTN ($2.07)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: J:club:

UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 calls $0.02, UTG+2 raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.04, UTG+1 calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.27) K:diamond: 4:diamond: Q:diamond:

UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($0.57) K:diamond: 4:diamond: Q:diamond: T:club:

UTG checks, UTG+2 bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.36, UTG calls $0.36, UTG+2 raises to $0.87 (AI), Hero raises to $1.87 (AI), UTG calls $1.51

RIVER ($5.18) K:diamond: 4:diamond: Q:diamond: T:club: 5:club:

How would you play it? UTG+2 is a fishy git - other player no read.