Switch to SSS?

• Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      If you've seen some of my posts lately you'll know that the moment I take a bad beat I start to tilt and lose a lot, I'm all the way down to $28.45 atm, meaning I don't have a proper bankroll for even NL2.

I'm wondering if maybe I should switch from BSS to SSS until I reach $50 again? As if I'm only buying in for $1 or less then I'm still adhering to proper rules of BRM.

What are your thoughts? Also, is it worth learning both strategies or should I only stick to one? I've noticed some players use both and I feel it might be useful to learn both myself.

Edit: Just to add, the only reason I haven't done this already is because I'm still making many mistakes with BSS and I'm worried switching strategy will make this worth. However SSS with $28 allows me to follow BRM rules while BSS doesn't.

Edit2: Is SSS possible if the minimum buy in is 25BB? If so, any adjustments that need to be made?
  • 6 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey Royaltramp,

This could be standard variance but your BR has taken a big hit.
      Maybe take a break and take a look at your overall game.
      Go over your stats, post some hands, just in general try and find where your losing all this money.

What limit are you playing? Are you playing FR or SH?

There is no harm is playing two varients of poker.
      I switched from BSS to SSS and now I"m back to BSS and I honestly feel that having a shot at SSS has improved my BSS game and giving me insight on what goes through a SSSers head.

This size BR will be tough because it limits your choices on what to play but I'm sure there is plenty here to help you through it :)

SSS is possible with 25bb but it takes some adjusting.
      WE have some MSS articles/videos if you want to have a look and see what you think.

But for now just see where your going wrong and go from there.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      About the mid-stack strategy articles, where do I go about finding those? I saw them before I'm pretty sure but I can't remember where, and there's no section for them under the strategy articles section.

Looking at some SSS blogs I've seen they often have a tougher time than BSS, not in terms of variance but more that they make very little profit at the lower limits without rakeback, so maybe MSS would be the better choice.

I managed to get from $28.45 to $34 yesterday using BSS, so BSS is still a possibility but if I could protect my bankroll better with MSS or SSS then that's what I'll do.

Definitely analysing my game but I've noticed nearly all my bad play is after a bad beat, although I still make many mistakes throughout my game, I'm averaging 25BB/100 hands until I take a bad beat, which I think is an alright amount for NL2, could do better but my tilt and BRM are my biggest weakness atm.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I 100% what your saying.
      We have all been there (unless your disciplined monk) :f_biggrin:

The MSS articles are GOLD so you'll have to grind a little harder to reach them :)
      So maybe some SSS would suit you better for now as we have plenty of content on it.
      MSS articles

Have you got a blog? Maybe that will help you control your tilt because you'll have to report back to your blog after you tilted ;)

Regards,

Kyle.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I don't think you need to swtch. But I think you definitely need to analize your game. At NL2 34$ bakroll is enough if you play well. So if you have at least a little doubt about your hand, just ask in the forums. I bet you will find many leaks in your game. Just don't play many hands until you are confident in your game so your bankroll won't burn out.
    • Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I don't think you need to swtch. But I think you definitely need to analize your game. At NL2 34$ bakroll is enough if you play well. So if you have at least a little doubt about your hand, just ask in the forums. I bet you will find many leaks in your game. Just don't play many hands until you are confident in your game so your bankroll won't burn out.
      Yeah you're right, I keep forgetting that BRM is partly there to make these kinds of losses manageable, and that 25 BI is already quite a cushion, so it can take some losses and you can still get back up.

I think what I'll start to do is post more hands for evaluation that I was sure I played correctly, just because I've been surprised about some of the comments about my hands sometimes, so maybe a lot of the hands where I thought I did good I actually didn't.

The blog is also a good idea, I might start one soon :)
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Royaltramp
      If you've seen some of my posts lately you'll know that the moment I take a bad beat I start to tilt and lose a lot, I'm all the way down to $28.45 atm, meaning I don't have a proper bankroll for even NL2.

I'm wondering if maybe I should switch from BSS to SSS until I reach $50 again? As if I'm only buying in for $1 or less then I'm still adhering to proper rules of BRM.

What are your thoughts? Also, is it worth learning both strategies or should I only stick to one? I've noticed some players use both and I feel it might be useful to learn both myself.

Edit: Just to add, the only reason I haven't done this already is because I'm still making many mistakes with BSS and I'm worried switching strategy will make this worth. However SSS with $28 allows me to follow BRM rules while BSS doesn't.

Edit2: Is SSS possible if the minimum buy in is 25BB? If so, any adjustments that need to be made?
      imo..for me its nice like this
      NL2 10-12 BI NL4 15-18 BI NL10 30-35 BI NL20 45-50 BI...the higher limts the tighter BRM

GL