This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 99 3-way against reg and fish

• Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1075044
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $10.05
      MP: $5.45 20/19/6.2 on 412h sample.
      Hero (CO): $33.80
      BTN: $19.71
      SB: $10.74
      BB: $10.76 88/40/2.5 on 52h sample.

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with 9 :spade: 9 :heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, 2 folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) T :diamond: T :heart: 4 :club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, BB calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.50) 4 :diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($3.50) 5 :club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP bets $2.60, Hero calls $2.60, BB raises to $5.90, MP folds, Hero folds

I suppose we call one street on the flop anyways, when the reg-ish guy c-bets. The fish will so often play fit-or-fold here that it is ok to play this like HU pot IMO. So....

Turn: I don't think it is a good idea to lead out here, because we still don't know what the fish is holding. The only hands i would count PP 8-5. I think that even him could be folding some A-highs here, but maybe i'm mistaken. The reg could also have those PP and some A-high hands.

River: I was thinking for some time before i made the call there. I think it's pretty close here. He could bet 88,77,66 and also still those A-high hands after the checkdown on turn. And i didn't saw JJ+ here. So i called to catch A-high bluffs and those lower pockets. I was completely ignoring the fact that the fish was left to act. And suddenly the monkey comes over us. It's obvious that he's got a monster ofc. But i am much more interested bout my call against the reg. Could we be doing this or is it a slight -EV decision?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pichux,

Since the opponent is pretty aggressive then I think he could easily pick such line also with bluff on river in hope that we fold our smaller PPs, therefore I don't mind Calling there on river but against that minraise it's an easily fold.

Best regards.