Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.15
      CO:
      $2.02

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with T:heart: , T:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, CO raises to $0.24, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.51) T:spade: , 4:spade: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, CO folds.

Final Pot: $0.86

--- Wouldn't normally call a re-raise here but CO had been extremely tight (6/5 or so) not long before this, but had started limping and raising almost every hand after a loss, so figured he was likely to be tilting here and I could call looser.

Flopped the nuts here, and since he re-raised pre-flop I was going to check/raise here, but I wanted to protect against the flush draw a little here, so I bet. Did I make the right decision?
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I would rather let him bet. Then you can raise him and see where is he at.

If he checks back flop, almost every turn card is very good for you to bet so I don't think there are lots of cards that can make this board ugly.

Your line is too strong. But if you have a read and guy is very passive and you saw him checking in similar position your leading out is then ok, since you hit and want to be paid out.
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi Royaltramp!

Preflop: Against tight player I would really recommend fold TT preflop, as we are never in a good shape OOP, where just 2 streets are needed to get money all -in... and if player IP is willing to get money in, you are almoast never in good shape.

Flop: There is no need to donk 7.0 AF player. He would be happy bet for you at least 1 street.

He can try to push you out of hand by smaller pair, JJ-AA, sometimes AK. With AK AKJQ will be reason for him continue, because he now can see up to 10 outs to improve (and has only 4 ;) ).

So I play hand passively and let him bluff you his money to your nuts.

Funktor