Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.77
      CO:
      $1.02

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:heart: , K:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.24, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.51) 8:spade: , 5:diamond: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.38, Hero calls $0.38.

Turn: ($1.27) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($1.27) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $1.27

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kh Kc)
      CO shows two-pair, aces and fives (As Ks)

CO wins with two-pair, aces and fives (As Ks)

--- Looking back at this hand I can see a lot of mistakes on my part. Since CO had 8/8 VPIP/PFR I for some reason put him on AA with his re-raise here, so just called rather than re-raising, I see this as a mistake and think I should have 3bet or even 4bet here since it's always good to get as much in the pot as possible preflop with KK or AA.

Flop once again I was thinking as if he had AA, which is flawed as if I was really certain I should have folded preflop - and in most cases I know he won't have AA here and I have him beat. I'm thinking a $0.35 or so bet would be more appropriate here, or maybe a check raise rather than a check call.

Turn: Unsure here, if I'd raised or bet on the flop and CO called, would I normally throw out another bet here or check fold? How about as played?

River: OOP here with the A on the board and CO being very tight I wasn't sure about betting here, but going by the fact he checked the river in position a raise might have induced a fold here.

Anyway, thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      4bet preflop for value.
      If he has AA you'll be all in against it anyway, but he's usually not folding any hand after he 3bet so you lose a ton of value by just flatting the reraise.

As played shove the flop.
      He's getting 3:1 on a call so even with A high he's basically committed.

As played on the turn my plan would also be to check it down. If he bets I'd probably just fold because I think he's checking back pocket pairs and there's not too much non-Ax-air in his range.