How are you finding FTs SNG On Demand?

• jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      I hated it to start with it - seemed so swingy.......

I have certainly been eliminated from SNGs more often in the first 50% than I liked and not reached anywhere near as many FTs.

But having said that if you get in the top 5 the ROI is much better.

Now I know small sample size but.........

Old style (577) - $4, 135 man Rush SNG - ROI 31.6%
      New style (140) - $4, on demand rush SNG - ROI 31.6%

How is everyone else finding it?

Cheers

Jass :D
  • 34 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I sometimes play the superturbo MT sngs and I found last night I waited about 45 minutes and ONLY $2.50 ones were filling up, not a singe 5 or $10 one started in that time.

ROI would have to increase at 2.50 but annoying that it seems to have killed the bigger ones.

Anyone else find this?
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Someone please help.. how the hell are you guys cashing these things? Everytime I get a hand like AK, flop AK... some douche called with 88 and hit his set. Seriously I get my money in good every god damn time and get sucked the fuck out... so annoying!

These tournies look very appealing because of the pay out structure and rapid pace of them, however I am going to go postal in a second and kill someone/something! help help help!

Jeff
    • MikeAK47
      MikeAK47
      Bronze
      Lol, 88 was ahead of AK preflop and on the flop, it's just a cooler what's the problem.
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      No but for real it happens EVERY friggin hand I have. I realize 88 is ahead pre, but then of course FTP gives me 2 pair on the flop to suck me in. How do you get away from these situations?
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SSSC2NV
      No but for real it happens EVERY friggin hand I have. I realize 88 is ahead pre, but then of course FTP gives me 2 pair on the flop to suck me in. How do you get away from these situations?
      As I said they are very swingy - in the first ones I played I thought I was going to throw the lap top - suck out after suck out.

Don't tilt and play your A game it will come and when you get to final table you get a good pay out.
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Are you playing them fairly standard SnG format? nice and tight in the early stages?

Thanks for the words of wisdom thouigh! Ill keep pounding away at em!
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Yeah, MT Sngs can be uber swingy, i haven't played a lot of these, i'm 2$ 180mans reg on stars, but you should expect 100 BI swings here too imo. And just don't worry about the results, if you played right and got coolered, just move on ;)

Strategy depends on your own preference imo, but i'm tighter in these rush MT Sngs early than in 2$ 180mans, because you can play way more hands in low blind levels, so imo here tight is right :)
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Alright, I officially give up on FTP and their fucking on demand rush turbos.. absolute brutality... so fucking far ahead all in, never fucking fails someone hits a god damn 2 outer. I swear theres something going on here, I've never seen more donked sets, straights, boats.. you name it... Im pulling all my money out of FTP, going to stay with my other sites.

Thanks for your helpful hints guys. but I just dont see how its possible to cash these rigged games.

Jeff
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      would be interesting to know how many of these you played ;)
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Total of 52 since last night.. at $4 a pop... and truthfully, 85% id say, Ive been donked the fuck out with villain being rewarded by FTP
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      As one reg said (Lennonac, if you know him :) ), MT Sngs are soul eaters :f_p:

Your sample is small and it's quite standart

http://img109.imageshack.us/i/33509325.png/
      Here's my 2$ 180mans graph, you can see variance, even tho, those games structure is different, but i'd expect variance to be quite similar ;)
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      I can totally understand variance... but its the same beats over and over again, whe nyou got the guy nailed in the corner with only 2 possible outs.. or hell,. even 1, and he hits it... like for real, how long can that continue for? I just dont feel like this is variance, its so sick that it makes me concerned about the legitimacy (obv I know everything is cool) but you know what I mean...
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      I had same feeling till i understood that i was a loosing player (no offence, your situation is different probably), but now when i understand that i wasn't good player, i just don't care. And believe me, i know how hard it can be when luck is not on your side :) If you don't like game type just don't play it ;)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I can totally understand variance... but its the same beats over and over again, whe nyou got the guy nailed in the corner with only 2 possible outs.. or hell,. even 1, and he hits it... like for real, how long can that continue for? I just dont feel like this is variance, its so sick that it makes me concerned about the legitimacy (obv I know everything is cool) but you know what I mean...
      Believe me I know how you feel and most serious poker players have been there. There are times where the cards seem always to be against you and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. The thing is that every hand is new so if the guy hits his 2 outer on one hand, on the next hand the next guy does not have less chance to hit his one or 2 outers. review your hands and see if you could have played some hands differently, maybe you gave some free cards or good odds you your opponent at some points. Over the long term variance cancel itself; the problem is noone can foresee how long the long term needs to be, but normally 100k hands is considered quite a good sample.

Do you have a software like HEM, PT3 or elephant to see how much you deviate from your ev?

finally the only way to handle a downswing is to be patient and if you feel you are tilting just go away from the tables for a while. If you think the variance is too much choose a different style maybe.

And here is one to make you feel better :) . it happened to me today

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 ($29.12)
      CO ($9.75)
      Button ($37.06)
      SB ($35.62)
      Hero (BB) ($12.05)
      UTG ($6.98)
      UTG+1 ($28.06)
      MP1 ($25.35)
      MP2 ($10.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 7
      3 folds, MP2 bets $0.50, 2 folds, Button calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.60) 7, 2, 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.75, Button calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.85) 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button bets $3.85, Hero raises to $10.80 (All-In), 1 fold, Button calls $6.95

River: ($25.45) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $25.45 | Rake: $1.27

Results:
      Button had 3, 3 (four of a kind, threes).
      Hero had 7, 7 (full house, sevens over threes).
      Outcome: Button won $24.18
    • Gugi19
      Gugi19
      Bronze
      For me Rush SnGs are one of the softest games on FT. I have ROI 60% in over 1k tourneys, both 4.40 and 12$ BI, and I had two downswing with 40+ tourney with no ITM, and my game is far from perfect. I find them easy cause Regs are nits and other are to loose and they don't know how to play. There is a guy :s_grin: who have 100% ROI on 4.40$, "UsAgainsTeWorld" you can check him on sharscope.

When you play them just play tight from early positions and against a raise, and loose from CO and BU when you can steal a lot. Play your made hands straight forward. In the late stage, specially when table gets shorter I open raise like crazy, also try to find good spots to re steal. Play position in limped pots, cause you can steal many of them, and over limp from SB when you have suited connectors or something like that. In that case when you hit you have great implied odds to stake some "great poker mind" who thinks that over limp with KK/AA from LP is a great thing for extracting value. Always raise small donk bets, be aware of limp/3-bet shove, pay attention to min raise (sometimes its weak, but when it comes from short stack late in tourney it is usually a monster)... When you get ti final table with healthy stack let other bust each other...

Generally when you have volume you get pretty good idea about players, they ranges, bet sizing and stuff like that.

And when it comes to change FT made, I thing its the same for me. Good thing is that you have a lot of ppl that enter tourney with <30 BI and shove wide, on the other hand that brings more variance. So maybe its a little bit harder to place high, but when you do you get more juice.
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot for your comments Gugi!

I think I might give a few more a chance tonight and see how it goes.

Any chance you would be able to take a look at my game and see if I have any major leaks you can pick up on quickly?

Thanks!

Jeff
    • Gugi19
      Gugi19
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot for your comments Gugi!

I think I might give a few more a chance tonight and see how it goes.

Any chance you would be able to take a look at my game and see if I have any major leaks you can pick up on quickly?

Thanks!

Jeff
      YW.

I can give it a look. I don't claim I'm an expert but I can try to help. Add me on skype and you can send me hand history or something. Skype name ratkodz

Cheers
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gugi19
      "UsAgainsTeWorld" you can check him on sharscope.

I have played against him on a regular basis although we have never got to FT at the same time - very solid.

I like your line for how to play these. :D

One thing I would add is for SSSC2 (and it is a small sample ATM) look at what level you enter the On Demand. I tend to avoid the very early stages and enter 30/60 - 40/80 blinds - entering here and playing tight allows you to pick off a short stacker or 2 or a double up (if you have a monster) and avoids some of the maniacal shit at at the start.

My ROI now better with On Demand than regular - maybe I am one of those lucky fish :f_biggrin:
    • Gugi19
      Gugi19
      Bronze

I have played against him on a regular basis although we have never got to FT at the same time - very solid.

Yeah, I've played against him a lot and one time on FT, but he was short than I got busted on a flip.

I don't see him any more cause I've moved up to 12$ and he is not there. Can't understand why he is not moving up, when it's the same game, same type of opponents. I even have better ROI on 12$, smaller sample though.

One thing I would add is for SSSC2 (and it is a small sample ATM) look at what level you enter the On Demand. I tend to avoid the very early stages and enter 30/60 - 40/80 blinds - entering here and playing tight allows you to pick off a short stacker or 2 or a double up (if you have a monster) and avoids some of the maniacal shit at at the start.

Not sure about this. Personally I like to enter from the first level and play my game, but hey just cause my style works for me doesn't mean it will work for everybody.

Good luck. C Ya at tables.