MP1: $33.25
      MP2: $21
      MP3: $28.75
      Utahmar: $5.60
      Button: $45.15
      SB: $6.75
      BB: $10.60

Pre-flop: (9 players) Utahmar is CO with Q A
      5 folds, Utahmar raises to $1, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75 (pot was $1.35).

Flop: K J 2 ($2.1, 2 players)
      BB checks, Utahmar checks.

Turn: Q ($2.1, 2 players)
      BB checks, Utahmar bets $1.3, BB calls $1.3 (pot was $3.4).

River: 5 ($4.7, 2 players)
      BB checks, Utahmar checks.

Final pot: $4.7

My usual cbet dilemma :D K,J flushdraw, str8 draw whatever out there... decided to see the turn, but, on second check, bet out, just got called. I always smell fish ( even if its not there ), so checked river also P
  • 2 replies
    • xylere
      well, after visiting Berliner`s training today, I got a lil bit confused about my agressive cbet approach, so I reread all the instructional hands on cbets. karlo123 says that you have to cbet with Jc Js on the flop Ah 8h 6h. The only choice flop brings (according to him) is cbet 2/3 pot/fold or push...
      So my agressive push everywhere, everyone and everything approach seems not that bad... But I guess it depends on your style... If you don`t feel comfortable with hyperagression just check some scarry flops from time to time...

But as karlo123 mentioned in his instr. hands scarry flop works both ways...
      K,J flushdraw, str8 draw whatever out there...

Exactly the same way your opp. will think and you might have even bigger fold equity... if he hit a J or smthing...

So I suggest you study cbet silver article on PS and maybe play a bit with pokerstove... we are playing not so many hands... so you can easily study which flops give you more equity with particular hand... maybe it will help you to make your cbets with more confidence.

Another example from instructional hands:

As Kh - pot 9BB, we have 14.5BB left

flop: Qs Js 3h - push
      flop: 7d 6d 5d - 2/3 cbet/fold
    • Berliner1982
      You´re the preflop aggressor, in position and your opponent checked to you. You have a lot of fold equity. You might have up to 10 Outs here, since even your Q could be a good out against a J. I would bet 2/3 of the pot here and call a re-raise All-In.