This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AQo overcards on paired flop

• member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.6
      Hero:
      $2.03

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.85 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , Q:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) J:diamond: , 7:spade: , 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.18) J:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.18) A:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.1, Hero calls $0.10.

Final Pot: $0.38

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad Qs)
      SB shows two-pair, aces and jacks (Ac Kh)

SB wins with two-pair, aces and jacks (Ac Kh)

Preflop: standard

Flop: I struggle to play paired flops well. Probably you will tell me I should have cbet here. But I seem to find that when I cbet a paired flop that I haven't hit, I almost always get called (I guess this is because opponents know it is more likely to be a bluff). So, I sometimes cbet a paired flop but not every time.

Turn: when second J hits I feel pretty sure my A high is good or splitting the pot. I check behind because I do not think worse hand will call.

River: when he bets, I think the only thing he can have that beats me is AK, because his previous play does not make sense for AA, Jx, 7x. So I call hoping to catch bluffs and worse aces.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Your hand is very strong on the flop since you have two overcards and a position. I would c-bet, then check the turn and call the river.
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi member001!

Flop: I c-bet here. The flop is rainbow, very dry and mostlikely missed SB as well. SB may call you with small PP, 88-TT, Ax hands. You get called from some cards that SB might hit on later streets and would beat you.

Turn: Betting does not make any sense, as no worse hands can call you, if called you have to fold to bet everytime on river (if you do not hit)

River: Raising here does not make any sense, as any worse cannot call you. So your call is standard here.

Regards

Funktor