Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.6
      Hero:
      $2.03

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.85 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , Q:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) J:diamond: , 7:spade: , 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.18) J:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.18) A:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.1, Hero calls $0.10.

Final Pot: $0.38

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad Qs)
      SB shows two-pair, aces and jacks (Ac Kh)

SB wins with two-pair, aces and jacks (Ac Kh)

Preflop: standard

Flop: I struggle to play paired flops well. Probably you will tell me I should have cbet here. But I seem to find that when I cbet a paired flop that I haven't hit, I almost always get called (I guess this is because opponents know it is more likely to be a bluff). So, I sometimes cbet a paired flop but not every time.

Turn: when second J hits I feel pretty sure my A high is good or splitting the pot. I check behind because I do not think worse hand will call.

River: when he bets, I think the only thing he can have that beats me is AK, because his previous play does not make sense for AA, Jx, 7x. So I call hoping to catch bluffs and worse aces.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Your hand is very strong on the flop since you have two overcards and a position. I would c-bet, then check the turn and call the river.
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi member001!

Flop: I c-bet here. The flop is rainbow, very dry and mostlikely missed SB as well. SB may call you with small PP, 88-TT, Ax hands. You get called from some cards that SB might hit on later streets and would beat you.

Turn: Betting does not make any sense, as no worse hands can call you, if called you have to fold to bet everytime on river (if you do not hit)

River: Raising here does not make any sense, as any worse cannot call you. So your call is standard here.

Regards

Funktor