Party Poker $10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1075785
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $10.05
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $20.79
      CO: $9.85
      Hero (BTN): $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with K :club: A :club:
      UTG raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.70, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.15) 8 :club: Q :club: 7 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.53, Hero raises to $3.06, UTG raises to $19.89 all in, Hero calls $6.04 all in

Turn: ($20.35) 6 :heart: (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($20.35) 8 :spade: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Opp 45 vp 6 pfr 8 AF 48 wtsd

I've done some calculations and after he reraised all-in I needed 23 % equity to be break-even.
      If I put him on 77,88,AQ,AA,KK,KQ,QQ which is a range that I would go all in there, not the mention that he will go broke with worse hands though, I have ~ 40% equity.
      During the game I didn't like the shove, but now I think it's ok concerning the equity and the fact that my equity will increase if I give him worse hands like oesd,smaller flushdraws or gutshots even.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      Hello h0m1e,

Tell me about the details, did he use to donk a lot into the pots, he seems to be aggressive that's true but don't have any info about donking. Of course when he donks a lot into us then often raising there is totally fine but I would raise ~$4 there so we had an easy broke situation if he even decides to shove over us. And actually after he 3bet we need like 32% equity but of course we are getting it, as you said it's near 40%. But take into consideration that against passive ones we often can't take such calculations since they might be passive and we have to calculate the odds/equity even after his bet since he will be likely going broke anyways, there we would need bigger equity for a profitable Call. Your line against that maniac guy is totally fine, hopefully he also has a lot of hands on him.

Best regards.
    • YourDoom
      What about shoving right after his flop bet?
    • veriz
      Originally posted by YourDoom
      What about shoving right after his flop bet?
      The problem with shoving directly is that we are represent exactly such hand. But of course I don't expect such an opponent to think that since he doesn't seem to be that good player, but I'd still like to take the other line but sure pushing directly sometimes works also, we might get more fold equity but not that often against such opponents. Just I would also play my sets the same way, so I do play my such drawing hands also the same way.