This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 Rush - KJs tp+fd on flop

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($29.40)
      BB ($19.65)
      UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($75.05)
      Hero ($52.30)
      BTN ($74.45)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $2, BTN calls $2, SB calls $1.75, fold

FLOP ($6.50) 4:diamond: 9:diamond: J:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $5, BTN raises to $12.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $50.30 (AI), BTN calls $37.80

TURN ($107) 4:diamond: 9:diamond: J:club: T:club:

RIVER ($107) 4:diamond: 9:diamond: J:club: T:club: 2:club:

no particular reads on tight looking villain: 17/14/4, 277 hs. Any other way to play what looks like a dream flop?
      I don't really like calling the flop raise out of position but I wonder if we are ever sufficiently far enough ahead when we shove?

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Lets see what hands beat you: 44/99/J9, since I think he would mostly 3-bet pf JJ+
      Would he sometimes bluffraise flop: sure, since he can rep there quite a lot of hands against your wide range, so if yous hove you always have there fold equity.
      And if sometimes getting called, you´re ahead his flusdhdraws, so I think shove oop is likely the best play. IP I might call and then shove most turns to let him keep barreling with draws, but oop he might just take his free card an you don´t get your stacks in
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      thanks Kaitz,

One more thing: should we give him a tighter range for raising my cb given there is another person in the hand?

Or, once SB checks, can BU assume he is usually HU?
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      I think you probably should tighten his range somewhat because it's 3way. For example, it would be a pretty good play for him to flat the NFD here and hope that SB calls too (he'd get pretty nice odds in that case). Probably the same for QT-type hands.

But anyway, I don't think it matters enough to make something other than shoving the best play. You're basically flipping against AJ/Axdd/QTdd/87dd/J9s, behind but drawing very live against 99/44 and crushing everything else.

Flatting is unattractive since you'd be forced to either fold on a lot of turns, or get a bunch of money in with bad(-ish) equity.
    • mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Bronze
      imo when 17/14 raises you especially with SB still in the hand i think youre most likely against set. So you have no FE and your J out for trips are death. Im calling and donking turn if i hit my flush, otherwise check/folding.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      thanks Kaitz,

One more thing: should we give him a tighter range for raising my cb given there is another person in the hand?

Or, once SB checks, can BU assume he is usually HU?
      yeah, his range likely doesn´t have then too many lower flushdraws, since instead of 3-betting he would rather call these hands. He may raise lfop for value AJ, although a lot of people would also prefer flatting. But nevertheless his range has still K/A high flushdraws and combo draws that he would likely raise/call. Putting him only sets is imo wrong, since a lot of players would raise that spot with A high flushdraws