BB ($19.65)
      UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($75.05)
      Hero ($52.30)
      BTN ($74.45)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $2, BTN calls $2, SB calls $1.75, fold

FLOP ($6.50) 4:diamond: 9:diamond: J:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $5, BTN raises to $12.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $50.30 (AI), BTN calls $37.80

TURN ($107) 4:diamond: 9:diamond: J:club: T:club:

RIVER ($107) 4:diamond: 9:diamond: J:club: T:club: 2:club:

no particular reads on tight looking villain: 17/14/4, 277 hs. Any other way to play what looks like a dream flop?
      I don't really like calling the flop raise out of position but I wonder if we are ever sufficiently far enough ahead when we shove?

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Lets see what hands beat you: 44/99/J9, since I think he would mostly 3-bet pf JJ+
      Would he sometimes bluffraise flop: sure, since he can rep there quite a lot of hands against your wide range, so if yous hove you always have there fold equity.
      And if sometimes getting called, you´re ahead his flusdhdraws, so I think shove oop is likely the best play. IP I might call and then shove most turns to let him keep barreling with draws, but oop he might just take his free card an you don´t get your stacks in
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      thanks Kaitz,

One more thing: should we give him a tighter range for raising my cb given there is another person in the hand?

Or, once SB checks, can BU assume he is usually HU?
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      I think you probably should tighten his range somewhat because it's 3way. For example, it would be a pretty good play for him to flat the NFD here and hope that SB calls too (he'd get pretty nice odds in that case). Probably the same for QT-type hands.

But anyway, I don't think it matters enough to make something other than shoving the best play. You're basically flipping against AJ/Axdd/QTdd/87dd/J9s, behind but drawing very live against 99/44 and crushing everything else.

Flatting is unattractive since you'd be forced to either fold on a lot of turns, or get a bunch of money in with bad(-ish) equity.
    • mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Silver
      imo when 17/14 raises you especially with SB still in the hand i think youre most likely against set. So you have no FE and your J out for trips are death. Im calling and donking turn if i hit my flush, otherwise check/folding.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      thanks Kaitz,

One more thing: should we give him a tighter range for raising my cb given there is another person in the hand?

Or, once SB checks, can BU assume he is usually HU?
      yeah, his range likely doesn´t have then too many lower flushdraws, since instead of 3-betting he would rather call these hands. He may raise lfop for value AJ, although a lot of people would also prefer flatting. But nevertheless his range has still K/A high flushdraws and combo draws that he would likely raise/call. Putting him only sets is imo wrong, since a lot of players would raise that spot with A high flushdraws