My NL10+ SH poker blog

• h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Hey ho boys and girls,
      My name is Steven from Romania, I am studying Computer Science in Bucharest, I am 20 years old and I love this game.

I started playing poker with the starting capital in april and I didn't go busto with those moneyz.I managed to grow them in my current NL10 bankroll.

I decided to make the second and final blog I hope.

This time I will not put pressure on me with huge goals, I will try to learn and play as much as I can.
      Of course my long term plan is to ship it big time, win loads of cash and have a great life,but at the moment I need to work really hard and will try to focus on the present time and enjoy the ride to success.

It was a bit of a crazy november,had 3 shots to NL10 that failed really bad.
      Main reason for that wasn't the fact that I don't have the knowledge to beat it,it was the fact that I was tilting very easily at this new limit when I was getting a bad beat or some sick setups against maniacs mainly.

But after like 3 shots in november, I didn't give up so I continued to play,I moved my 190$ roll from FTP to PartyPoker, played NL4 and left like 10$ on full tilt.
      With those 10$ I managed to make it to around 60$ and with the rush week I made them to 110$.

2 of those 3 shots look like this...the third one I lost my database due to windows format.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Before my december shot to NL10 I had 314$ and a 270$ bonus waiting to be unlocked.

I decided to take another shot and this time I think I will do it fine .This is the graph so far for december at NL10.

I am pretty unhappy with the red line but people don't fold a lot at this limit so I try to vbet as a monkey with my good hands.

At the moment my roll is at 378$ and with a 270$ bonus to be unlocked.
      I think I will do it fine at NL10 from now on.

My objectives now are to play 3 hours of 6 to 9 tables every day, as I can't afford more hours at the moment with my University which is really hard and I also need to pay attention to my girlfriend :heart: When I get more free time I will play more.

I am also posting at least 2 hands every day on the evaluation forum as I will need every piece of advice that I can get.

After today's session I feel really great because my mindset has improved a lot,I am not feeling that bad when I get a 2 outer bad beat for 1 stack, I am starting to feel comfortable at this limit.

So:
      :heart: 3 hours+/day 6 to 9 tabling shorthanded
      :heart: at least 2 hands for evaluation

I will try to update as much as I can.
      Good luck to everyone.
      Steven.
  • 16 replies
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Dropped about 25$ ,tilted a bit but not that much,good thing is that I unlocked 20$ bonus.
      So now BR is 371 $

Here's the graph so far on NL10,3 buyins below EV which I guess is standard :)

Also funny hand against maniac.

Party Poker $10 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1079675
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $12.36
      BTN: $19.95
      SB: $10.60
      Hero (BB): $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with K :diamond: A :club:
      1 fold, BTN raises to $0.60, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.25) K :heart: 9 :club: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.19, Hero calls $1.19

Turn: ($3.63) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.45, Hero calls $3.45

River: ($10.53) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.76 all in, BTN calls $4.76

he showed me 57o :)
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Caught a bit of a heater on 1000 hands, +7 buy-ins :heart:

BR: 426 $, first time I ever went above 400

Tomorrow,I will make my birthday party in a big room, with friends and of course with my girlfriend,which likes this game also :D
      I hope I don't drink too much vodka and wine :)
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Hey guys,
      Last week has been crazy, didn't have too much time to play, like 1,5-2 hours per day was the maximum I could play last 3 days.

I had my birthday celebrated,pretty crazy party.
      Yesterday I went to the mountain with my GF :heart: and some friends, it was a lot of fun, I went to Sinaia, there was a lot of snow there.I ate Hungarian specialties at a nice restaurant,I enjoyed it a lot.

Concerning the money,the trend is that I go up up up :heart:

My BR is 458 $ .

Cheers and good luck to everyone.
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Merry Christmas to everyone, will update in a few days~!!
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Hello,
      I have been playing few hands during the last week,mainly due to the fact that Christmas has come ,and I have had another 2 days to celebrate:my birthday on 19 and my name day on 27.Also yesterday I went to Brasov to visit so dead day for poker too.

Today it is New Year's Eve so no poker for today too ...

Also I have withdrawn 65$ and now I have a 420 $ BR
      My graph for the last 3 weeks :

Also my future poker plans are stalling, because of the new Romanian law regarding online poker...
      Till February I have time to grind and release the bonus, but then we will have 25% tax on withdraws and we don't know if we will be able to play on .com sites....if that happens my poker career will be finished ( fu^&ing country and fu^$ing politicians).
    • chimicalecombinate
      chimicalecombinate
      Bronze
      good luck :club:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I'm trying to follow everyone who's playing SH NL10, so I will certainly be following you. Good luck in 2011.
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Thanks,good luck to you guys too,happy new year and most importantly a prosperous one concerning $$$$ :D :heart:
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      I had some good sessions in a row the last days,my BR is at 490 $ and at 625 $ I will take a shot to NL25.
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze

:spade: So this is my graph so far,went above EV last 2 days when I sucked out twice KK vs AA all-in preflop so I guess I was a bit lucky,even though I'm never folding KK mainly because players are stacking off with AK,QQ, sometimes even AQ or JJ,and I can always suck out on Aces so I'm never folding KK with a 57% equity against QQ+,AK.

:club: BR is 536$ , 90$ more and I will take a shot to NL25, the worst part is that University session will start in 17 january and for 3 weeks I don't think I will have time to play at all, I will try to watch a video of NL25 every day during that period as it only takes me one hour so no harm is done.
      I think I will give a shot to NL25 after Uni session is over because I want to have some nice volume, like 2k hands a day(4 hour session) and some quality time analyzing my big hands after the session at evaluation forum,plus 1 NL25 SH video every day as I saw there are plenty of them.

:club: I'm currently posting a lot of hands in the evaluation forum of NL10 and I'm trying to analyze other players posted hands,as in my opinion I'm learning much faster this way.

:heart: So for now on my goal is to grind 4 hours/day till 14 January and get to 625$ and I will make a pause and give NL25 a try in February.

:heart: After I release my remaining 150 $ bonus I'm thinking of moving my roll to Pokerstars to get the full 100% bonus but will see about that in the future.

:heart: Also some nice thing happened at this limit,I haven't tilted at all during these 27k hands,maybe in one or two sessions I tilted,but the last 2 weeks I didn't look at my BR at all during the session and it made me tilt-proof,as I was concentrated on making good decisions,which Imo was my biggest leak until now,it was affecting a lot my winrate in the past.

Wish me luck.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      looks like a pretty solid winrate man! ill defo follow ur blog :)

GL
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      So now till February I won't play poker at all,as Uni session starts in a few days and I need to grind the books.
      So for now I will try to view some NL25 videos in spare time,and update with my Uni exams here :D
    • lolinux2002
      lolinux2002
      Bronze
      bafta omule!si cu uni si cu poker-ul :)

good luck man! with the uni and with poker :)
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      I was pretty optimistic when I said that I will try to watch a NL25 vid every day,actually I don't have that time.
      So today I took my second exam at UNI session, which in theory it should have been the biggest pain in the ass, but my teacher didn't give a hard exam, so I passed it with 7/10 :D at math , the first one was at mechanics and passed it with 8/10.

It has been 11 days since I last played poker and I'm thinking that with this UNI I can't really go that pro during UNI years.
      In my opinion,during the semester I will play and learn poker as much as I can and during sessions I will learn as much as I can at UNI.

I think that this summer,I will make a big step into the big moneys in poker as I will only be focused on poker for 3 full months :D .

So my approach to poker will be like a part time job,earning some extra bucks to my monthly income from my parents.

Cheers.
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      I am back....It's been a month since I haven't played poker so I'm out of form a bit.

I took all my exams, except for the last one where I had to just go,give the empty paper and pass since I already had a passing note.But nooo, I wanted a bigger grade and I tried to copy and teach caught me :D :tongue:

Ok, so my roll is at 545 with 170$ waiting to be cleared in the next 35 days,that would mean 40 party points a day.... :| don't know how many hours will take me so I better hit the tables and find out.

Cheers and good luck :heart: !
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      bad post