[NL2-NL10] NL2...JJ against very loose player

• yaxkukmian
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,08, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,08, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,19) 7:diamond: , 4:diamond: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,14, CO calls $0,14.

Turn: ($0,47) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,42, CO calls $0,42.

River: ($1,31) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero raises $1,39 (All-In), CO calls $1,39.

Final Pot: $4,09

Few hands before this one happened, he cracked my aces with J7o, calling me out of position.

I saw he is a calling station so I was betting big because I knew he's going to pay me out if he got any pair.

Reviewing this hand I think I made two mistakes. Betting the flop is ok, but turn bet should be smaller since his range is very wide and he could hit even 2pair. I think I should bet a bit under $0,30. River shove is really stupid because he isn't calling me with only one pair and I showed strength from the beginning so that means his call on the turn should be alerting.

If I checked the river and he shoved should I call it or just fold it?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello yaxkukmian,

It's pretty close between going broke and not, since the opponent is going to Call with very wide range there on river then I guess it ain't that big mistake to go broke there but passive line would be that you bet like $0.30 as you mentioned on turn and let him bluff with some missed draws like FD on river. And if he shoves then we likely have room to fold but if he bets weakish then Call it, since there are several hands what beat us, like 5x.

Best regards.