Stack
      Hero:
      $2,3
      BB:
      $3,56
      MP3:
      $5,11

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , K:heart:
      MP3 calls $0,02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,11, BB calls $0,08, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0,23) K:spade: , 6:diamond: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,16, BB raises to $0,32, Hero calls $0,16.

Turn: ($0,87) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0,43, Hero raises to $1,87 (All-In), BB calls $1,45.

River: ($4,62) A:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,62

I really hate miniraises and also in this case I didn't know what to do. I was thinking if he hit his set I'm going broke. The only thing I'm scared of in this situation is a flush draw. That's why I just decided to call and see how the board develops.
      Turn came really ugly and he only 1/2 pots it. Since I don't have any diamond the decision is quite hard. But then I saw he can have Kd and lower kicker offsuit that's why I decided to shove it over him.
      Should I reraise him on the flop and get it in or wait on turn and river? Is folding on turn an option?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Flop: Usually people who limp/call flop and then raise us on flop do have a strong hand but also I have seen them doing it with just Kx type of hands which they are trying to find out if their Kx is good enough and likely giving protection from some draws. But therefore I'd either decide if I want to go broke directly on flop or just fold it to his minraise, Calling doesn't make sense since we will be OOP and it will be hard to play against him. Since it's NL2 I don't even mind if you just ship it right here, but if you have some better reads on him then ain't wrong either if you just fold it directly here what in some cases would even be better.

As played
      Turn: That's exactly the case what I was talking about that we could face a dumb bet and we don't know what to do, but as long flush completed and he still keeps betting into us then I'd likely just give it up here as we played that passively. We went to see if a flush arrives and it did, then just give it up while he still shows aggression.

Best regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      So lets say you just called him on the flop and he bets 1/2 pot, you would fold the turn? I was thinking whether he hit his set of 6 or he has worse K with some kind of flush draw kicker.

(I was right he had KQo)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      So lets say you just called him on the flop and he bets 1/2 pot, you would fold the turn? I was thinking whether he hit his set of 6 or he has worse K with some kind of flush draw kicker.

(I was right he had KQo)
      Nope, I wouldn't fold, as I said, I either decide it on flop. If I am going to Call then I am also likely taking such line as you picked.