Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,49
      MP3:
      $0,7

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , T:diamond:
      MP3 raises to $0,04, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,03, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,10) A:heart: , K:club: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0,10) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,07, MP3 raises to $0,18, Hero calls $0,11.

River: ($0,46) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,4, Hero calls $0,40.

Final Pot: $1,26

Minibet preflop - should I reraise him or is it better to play it cautiosly?
      Flop I'm check-calling. Turn I wanted to value my A. His reraise is very small and because of that I was very suspicious of some monsters but in the end I decided to call him.
      River was a tough decision since he bets so strong. Reviewing the hand I saw the decision is very easy on the river - I should c/f the river because every A in his range beats me.

Can I donk the flop in this kind of situation and flop?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Preflop: It's totally fine to Call the min-raise and reevaluate flop. Not really big fan of raising against such an aggressor, it will be hard to play against him OOP.
      Flop: Yeah, I'd often just donk such flop but of course against such an aggressor it's possible even to play otherwise since he will be CBetting most of his range on such flop but when he decides to Check behind I would go cautiously, seems like slowplaying something. What is he raising us preflop and then just checking such a flop which would be good to CBet, often it's a strong hand which tries to slowplay.
      Turn: As we checked we have to get at least some value from him here but be cautious since he could still be slowplaying some kind of hand. Bet/Call is reasonable since he has such AF but ain't wrong either if you just Bet/Fold to avoid the situation where you have to Call a bigger bet on river, what will be really hard for us.
      River: Since I was putting him a very strong hand on flop with he Checked behind I am more inclined to just Check/Fold it here against such a big bet, unless I have some good reads. Just curious what did he have?

Best regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Tnx veriz.

Set of 5. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Tnx veriz.

Set of 5. :D
      You are welcome, yeah likely that. He often bets for value on river, rather than bluff.