This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KTs In Button (2pair)

• Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Hey all,

I made a great call in position here with 4 to 1 odds pre-flop.

I should have bet more on the Flop, 2/3 I think. I only bet half because I was hoping for a call, but that was a bad idea considering that I could have had two callers on the Flop. Am I right?

Secondly, I think I should only have bet about 1/3 or 1/4 of the Pot on the River in order to get the call. At that point I was either way ahead or way behind. Betting half was just enough to make him fold, after a delay by him. Opinions?

Thanks!

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $1.70
      CO:
      $2.21
      BU (Hero):
      $2.99
      SB:
      $1.93
      BB:
      $0.85
      MP2:
      $1.97

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, K.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, SB raises to $0.06, BB folds, CO calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.2) K, 3, T (3 players)
      SB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.10, SB calls $0.10, CO folds.

Turn: ($0.4) 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.20.

River: ($0.8) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.8.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Navrark,

Preflop: Calling here is totally fine as the SHC says.
      Flop: But since we hit a pretty good hand I would just bet near pot here to protect any kind of draws and maybe even get value from weaker pairs.

As played
      Turn: I'd still keep betting, ~$0.30 into the $0.40 pot and if he decides to raise us we have an easy fold, otherwise we still could get value from some 1card of :club: type of hand or maybe even weaker Kx.
      River: Bet size is totally fine, I don't mind betting here 1/2 against fish.

Best regards.
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps in the micro-stakes it would be wise of me to make 3/4 a standard raise instead of 2/3. I lost out a lot of value on this hand as I could have gotten more from my opponent on the Flop and Turn. It also takes a bit more to shake these micro players sometimes.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Navrark
      Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps in the micro-stakes it would be wise of me to make 3/4 a standard raise instead of 2/3. I lost out a lot of value on this hand as I could have gotten more from my opponent on the Flop and Turn. It also takes a bit more to shake these micro players sometimes.
      Yep, could be also a change, I also would use near pot line in micros since they are willing more easily to pay you off if you have a very good hand.