[NL2-NL10] KTs In Button (2pair)

• Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Hey all,

I made a great call in position here with 4 to 1 odds pre-flop.

I should have bet more on the Flop, 2/3 I think. I only bet half because I was hoping for a call, but that was a bad idea considering that I could have had two callers on the Flop. Am I right?

Secondly, I think I should only have bet about 1/3 or 1/4 of the Pot on the River in order to get the call. At that point I was either way ahead or way behind. Betting half was just enough to make him fold, after a delay by him. Opinions?

Thanks!

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $1.70
      CO:
      $2.21
      BU (Hero):
      $2.99
      SB:
      $1.93
      BB:
      $0.85
      MP2:
      $1.97

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, K.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, SB raises to $0.06, BB folds, CO calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.2) K, 3, T (3 players)
      SB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.10, SB calls $0.10, CO folds.

Turn: ($0.4) 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB calls $0.20.

River: ($0.8) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.8.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Navrark,

Preflop: Calling here is totally fine as the SHC says.
      Flop: But since we hit a pretty good hand I would just bet near pot here to protect any kind of draws and maybe even get value from weaker pairs.

As played
      Turn: I'd still keep betting, ~$0.30 into the $0.40 pot and if he decides to raise us we have an easy fold, otherwise we still could get value from some 1card of :club: type of hand or maybe even weaker Kx.
      River: Bet size is totally fine, I don't mind betting here 1/2 against fish.

Best regards.
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps in the micro-stakes it would be wise of me to make 3/4 a standard raise instead of 2/3. I lost out a lot of value on this hand as I could have gotten more from my opponent on the Flop and Turn. It also takes a bit more to shake these micro players sometimes.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Navrark
      Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps in the micro-stakes it would be wise of me to make 3/4 a standard raise instead of 2/3. I lost out a lot of value on this hand as I could have gotten more from my opponent on the Flop and Turn. It also takes a bit more to shake these micro players sometimes.
      Yep, could be also a change, I also would use near pot line in micros since they are willing more easily to pay you off if you have a very good hand.