hello out there

• OdeSsy1
      OdeSsy1
      Bronze
      oi oi,
      Live in Ireland,playing poker for the last few years,most of that spent playing badly indeed! but feel im starting to do ok
      mainly love MT SnG's (pref 50 30 20% to double ups)
      really need to refine my tourney game tho,i get through satellites just to get knocked out early in the main events

anyway...nice to meet ya ;)
  • 4 replies
    • penfoldfan
      penfoldfan
      Bronze
      Hey man - i like posts like these - will add you to my officialpokerrankings.com tracking to see how you're getting on!

I've been playing for about the same amount of time - but in little spurts - never often enough to show a real improvement.... Just started playing cash games after dabbling in tournaments, and am slowly grinding my way up to my bonus deposit amount on Full Tilt....

Let me know how you're getting on!

Defo do NOT like double or nothings - they just seem to put me in the wrong frame of mind from the start - i used to play those and knockout games quite a bit when i first started but never quite did well enough to progress with them

Cheers
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey everybody!

Nice to see you in our forums!

Have you downloaded already our ICM trainer?

There you can improve your ICM game. A good understanding of ICM is necessary to beat SNGs.

Good luck on the tables,
      Hannes
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey mate and welcome,

used to live in Ireland as well, whereabouts are you based? :)

Hadi
    • OdeSsy1
      OdeSsy1
      Bronze
      wow cheers lads,its cool to get such a response,im living in Dublin Hadi.Play down at the voodoo cards club in town the odd time but im trying to focus on playing from home for the coming year as there is no work to be found in ireland at the moment its seems like the only plausible means of making a few quid (tho dont get me wrong its not just the money im in this for i truly have a love for the game,so why not :)

Thanks HannesZ i downloaded and completed the ICM trainer light in one go,would be very interested in an advanced version if there one available

penfoldfan: cheers mate,i just created an account on officialpokerrankings under the same username as on here.Up until now iv been playing on the iPoker network using boylesports poker and paddy power.the main problem i find with these clients that there is not a huge community of people playing at certain times of the night or early in the morning.It can be very hard to even find 4+ active tables to join with 10 players,so i think in the new year im gonna make a fresh start on pokerstars and until then just do alot of theory

anyway thanks again for all the feedback!much appreciated :f_thumbsup: