$4.05
      SB:
      $3.13
      BB:
      $2.27
      MP2:
      $1.96

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, CO folds, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.19) 8, A, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, BU calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.35) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.10, Hero raises to $1.81, BU calls $1.71.

River: ($3.97) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.97.

Results follow:

BU shows a straight, ace high(Jd Ts).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(Ks As).

BU wins with a straight, ace high(Jd Ts).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello uni1102,

Flop: I'd bet bigger here, ~$0.14, don't really like the small bet, we are just giving great odds for a draw even if there aren't that many draws, we have to get value from weaker Aces and also build up the pot.
      Turn: Could you explain me what was behind the Check/Raise here? Has he shown any aggression earlier that you expect him to bet here? Otherwise if not then I would just Bet again if he is some kind of passive one or unknown to protect. As played Check/Raise is way too big, he will have hard time Calling with a lot worse unless he is a big calling station. I'd make something like ~$0.55 and ship it on river.

Best regards.
    • uni1102
      uni1102
      Bronze
      Thanks,

It was a hunch/calculated risk to check raise that turn. I had seen him get too involved in certain hands that were less than profitable for him to say the least (going all in on middle pair middle kicker on a (not for him) draw heavy flop). Seeing his hand I think I read him correctly, no?

Had this a couple of times today, correct read, followed by bad luck. Should I tighten up my game? (like going all in pre-flop with QQ against A5s, with him hitting his ace)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You are welcome!

It was a hunch/calculated risk to check raise that turn. I had seen him get too involved in certain hands that were less than profitable for him to say the least (going all in on middle pair middle kicker on a (not for him) draw heavy flop). Seeing his hand I think I read him correctly, no?

Of course if you think that he is capable of Calling there wayyyy to loose with even just Kx then sure the shove is totally fine. But i'd still prefer to make a normal raise and ship it on turn, with that he has easier Call than Calling such an shove.

Had this a couple of times today, correct read, followed by bad luck. Should I tighten up my game? (like going all in pre-flop with QQ against A5s, with him hitting his ace)

What do you mean tighten up your game? Preflop or postflop? Going all-in with QQ against A5s is pretty standard, I would go all day a long. In long run very profitable.

Good luck on tables!