[NL2-NL10] 77 Oesd

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      Is check/raising flop and beting turn correct here? River - I thought I still have bit of showdown value so I decided to block (and possibly extract value from Ax) - is bluff or check/fold better here?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11,81
      MP2:
      $3,99

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:heart: , 7:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0,15, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,32) 6:club: , 5:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,2, Hero raises to $0,60, MP2 calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,52) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, MP2 calls $1,00.

River: ($3,52) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,6, MP2 calls $0,60.

Final Pot: $4,72

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (8s 6s)
      Hero shows two-pair, jacks and sevens (7h 7d)

Hero wins with two-pair, jacks and sevens (7h 7d)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello YourDoom,

Flop: The problem with Check/Raise is that are you ready to go broke with your hand? Of course your line is reasonable against specific opponents, like who are able to Call here even with Ax type of hands and we would extract a lot of value. But since we really don't know the opponent I think I would more often play for passive line here and just Check/Call and see his further actions, not that Check/Raise is wrong but sometimes against some nitty opponents it's just a bit overplayed.
      Turn: As we went for such line then betting here for value is totally fine, getting value from any kind of overcards, draws and etc.
      River: Since we really don't know him if he is going to bet if we induce blufs from any kind of draws then I'd likely also bet myself as block-bet.

Best regards.