[NL2-NL10] AQ squeeze

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      I turn check/raise ok? (I wanted to rep TT-KK by checking and make weaker aces bet)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $16,15
      UTG2:
      $5
      BU:
      $2

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,10, 4 folds, BU calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,40, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0,30, BU folds.

Flop: ($0,95) A:club: , 6:spade: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,6, UTG2 calls $0,60.

Turn: ($2,15) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $1,9, Hero raises to $15,15 (All-In), UTG2 calls $2,10 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($10,15) 9:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10,15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows a pair of aces (Ah Kc)
      Hero shows (Ad Qh)

UTG2 wins with a pair of aces (Ah Kc)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello YourDoom,

More often I'd bet myself on turn since such passive opponent could easily even check behind his weak hands and lets just get value from them, Bet/Bet/Bet. Otherwise seems to be fine, although sometimes overplayed, depending on the opponent.

Best regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I think he overplayed AQo. Since he will have at least one player behind him (many times even both of them) and playing AQ oop is very -ev I think. I'm inclined to just calling preflop. If you miss it's easy c/f.
      On flop I'm check-raising against one opponent. And if both of them called I just donk bet 2/3 into them.

Maybe I just lost so many hands with AQ that I play it so passively :)
    • YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      yaxkukmian: still many players will fold to squeeze and its +5.4bbs in this case, also if I get 1 call 2/3 pot c-bet works more then 50% of time.

BU will hardly call squeeze - its 1/5 of his stack. (and he most likely have PP)