fold, fold, CO raises to $1.75, fold, Hero calls $1.50, fold

FLOP ($4) 9:diamond: 9:club: 3:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

TURN ($9) 9:diamond: 9:club: 3:spade: 9:heart:

Hero bets $6, CO calls $6

RIVER ($21) 9:diamond: 9:club: 3:spade: 9:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $10.50, Hero folds

villain 23/16/2 wts 26, 870 hands.
      Best play on turn after our monster plummets in value?
      I bet out to get random overs to fold - after I get called think we just ch/f river as villain always has 9x or a pair here?
  • 2 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      What would you have done if turn was a blank?
      If you go for C/C again, villain could check behind and all in all you won't get any money in since you are OOP.
      If you go for a turn donk then why not donk flop?

What I would do here is donk the flop. If he has over pair you might get well paid off and if he hasn't well you won't get paid off but you won't anyway by playing passively.

Turn card is terrible ofc and I would C/F. If he has overcards he will C behind.

C/C flop and donk turn with the 3rd 9 doesn't really make sense. I'm not so sure what you represent.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think I´d c/c turn and then c/f river or if you think player doesn´t barrel turn with overcards then just c/f turn
      You can lead out turn and c/f river, but on that board problem is that you can´t really have there strong hand, so even overcards might raise your turn lead and better boats would not fold.
      I think you can also c/r flop, since it looks so dry that players don´t never think you have there 9x, rather some kind of bluff and would not really b/f overpairs and sometimes trying to rebluff you with air