Computer Games Are Bad For My Volume!

• MikeAK47
      Anyone else have this problem, I was putting about 4 hours a day in on average, but then I bought a new graphics card and a RAM upgrade so have been playing loads of games I couldn't have played before, GTA4/TES:O blivion, now I'm only putting 2 hours max in a day because I just wanna play these stupid games so much.

I think I'll complete them both, then put a stop to buying any more games!

I bought a load of hardware for me to be able to play more tables (new monitor/graphics card with 2 monitor support/more RAM), and a by product was having a nice new graphics card to play PC games on! lol

Still... fun times :D

What hurts your guys volume?

Here's a list...

Having a Job (boooooooooooooo!)
      Computer Games
      My Girlfriend (spending time with her)
      My Girlfriend: Sex (Don't mind this one :D )
      Alcohol (Hate playing hung over, and NEVER play drunk online)

TV doesn't distract me coz I don't watch it, and don't like it really.
  • 13 replies
    • pogodon
      im the same man i used to play so much poker the lat few months but because of the weather i invested in call of duty and ufc2010 and fight night round 4 not to mention the other games , i seem to be spending to much time on the xbox and not enough on poker
    • p0rkus
      I did not go back to world of warcraft when cataclysm came out...
      My volume is not 0...
      I am not in denial...
    • EagleStar88
      It's a very good point MikeAK47, there are a lot of various distractions that take you away from poker, especially at this time of year with holidays etc coming up.

I sometimes play better when playing less hours in a session or even after taking a couple of days break.

If you're playing for profit, it's important to put in the hours to get a decent return, but don't be afraid to set yourself limits and build in frequent breaks into your schedule, they can in themselves be +ve.
      A change is as good as a rest too, so play a little poker, take a break and have so lunch, play poker, play games, play poker, go for a walk etc. Mix & match ftw ;)

Enjoy your gaming & poker ;)

• ExternalUseOnly
      its not my gaming thats the problem.

My girlfried well fiance chooses my laptop to play games and bingo on so i feel privaliged when i get a few hands of poker in :f_cool:
    • Hlynkinn
      I'm lazy...
      Girls also love wasting my time...
      And computer games also love wasting my time...
      And friends hurt my volume...

Computer games help me release stress tho... Some bad/strange feelings that would otherwise distract me in real life or on the tables are released in some crazy computer games...
      And girls help me keep my sanity at times...
      And friends are probably the most important thing in life....

So yeaa I think we all play poker to have fun... and personally I partly play poker so I can have more time to spend with my friends and so on...

I decided not to get working during the Christmas break from school.. Instead I'm kinda living the life of a poker-pro... Still only putting in 2.7 hours a day.. which is by far not enough :D
    • supeyrio
      privileged kidssssss...
    • p0rkus
    • Wriggers
      University is currently eating up my time for poker, well it was last week, should be able to get back to playing after about 5 whole days without playing a single hand :(

My flatmates also get in the way of volume a bit too much X( By randomly wandering into my room to try and get me to go watch TV with them or play FIFA. Most of the time it's alright but sometimes I do just want to sit in my room with headphones in and grind out a nice long session :p
    • PocketAcesJohn
      College and Sleep.

3 days a week i have college so only play 300 or 500 hands

Other 4 days i play like 1.5k-2k hands.

Sleep also is an inconvienice... :rolleyes:
    • gadget51
      I only need to pee 10 seconds AFTER the tourney starts.
      My dog needs a pee 10 seconds AFTER the tourney starts.
      My dog only wants to play with her squeeky toy when I'm multitabling cash.
      I need to eat and sometimes even sleep; so annoying.
      She Who Must Be obeyed asks; 'My company not good enough f or you anymore then?' ...for the 14th time in 2 hours. Sigh.
      My PC (halflife)...etc.
      Losing concentration after 1 1/2 hours grinding sucks.

However, I can have sex with the gf whilst SnGing but only HU. lol :)
    • alejandrosh
      girls, games and booze. It clearly sucks to be you OP.
    • cataah
    • martoman2k10
      computer games are bad, I was proper addicted to CS but damn it's a sick game. Still play it mind but it's not too bad :D