Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      MP1:
      $1.96
      MP3:
      $0.97

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4:heart: , 4:diamond:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 7:club: , 4:club: , 2:heart: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 bets $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.20) 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP1 calls $0.15, MP3 calls $0.15.

River: ($0.65) 9:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.48, MP3 calls $0.48, Hero calls $0.48.

Final Pot: $2.09

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows a flush, king high (Kc 9c)
      MP3 shows (Ah 5d)
      Hero shows (4h 4d)

MP1 wins with a flush, king high (Kc 9c)

--- Should I have check-raised flop rather than check-called to protect from flush draws? Also I'm 99% sure I should have folded the river here, not sure why I called, I guess I was just reluctant to fold my set.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      yeah, I also like c/r flop to protect your hand and get value from worse hands
      Turn and river play is fine. You can b/f river yourself 0.4$ and then fold to shove or if you check then I think you have to cal, since he can valuebet there with two pair or maybe even one pair hands.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      If you c/r the flop and two guys called I would just give up on ugly turn like this.
      Like played I don't like leading out on the turn because you have 2 players behind you. Why bet so much? You're just making the pot bigger and many draws which are very likely in limped pot got there.
      Giving up on river is hard but you should give it up since against 2 players you're not in front many times. I prefer c/f the river here.

(against one opponent in this kind of situation I'm inclined to call it from various reasons. He might float me or has some kind of weird hand like A7o or any two pair. More important is that you get the information about him. I tend to play it passively with that kind of heavy drawing board so the pot is small and the information is as cheap as possible)