Woop, just finished second in my Uni's poker league.

• McHallow
      McHallow
      Bronze
      Good points:

- We played 9 games this term, I ranked 1st 4 times, 2nd once and third 3 times.
      - I won £160 from the games
      - I won £80 from the league position
      - I've had a guaranteed weekly SnG with some very soft players for easy money
      - I've referred some of them to PS and hopefully they will roll me in some free cash

Bad points:

- In a way the field was too soft and I slipped into bad habits
      - If the last game had counted towards the league i'd have bagged first place overall and got an extra £30
      - In retrospect I played too tightly and wasn't aggressive enough late in the blinds.
      - I've reffered some of them to PS and they might actually get good =/

Either way, I'm happy :) , though next term I hope my game is alot tighter.
  • 10 replies
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Originally posted by McHallow

why its a bad thing? Atleast for me this game is all about competition. Better your opponents will be, better you will need to be and you will be force to play your best.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sufix645

why its a bad thing? Atleast for me this game is all about competition. Better your opponents will be, better you will need to be and you will be force to play your best.
      so you' prefer to play ivey then some fish for 100k yeah
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon

it's a Uni poker league, not the durrrrr challenge.. chill out. i wouldn't mind if a few of my friends at my home game are half decent players, as long as i'm better :D
    • McHallow
      McHallow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gedwashere91
      it's a Uni poker league, not the durrrrr challenge.. chill out. i wouldn't mind if a few of my friends at my home game are half decent players, as long as i'm better :D
      Aha, fair point, there are a couple of players there who are pretty decent and my friend goes occasionally who grinds at 25/50 so hes better than me imo. Though nonetheless, I'd rather keep the people who play well at this level as heck I'm a student and free money is free money to me ;P
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Aha, fair point, there are a couple of players there who are pretty decent and my friend goes occasionally who grinds at 25/50 so hes better than me imo. Though nonetheless, I'd rather keep the people who play well at this level as heck I'm a student and free money is free money to me ;P
      just because he grinds higher stakes doesnt make him better, i know plasyers who play in micro's that would be easily able to play the higher limits but they dont want to or no mula
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze

You are talking like from big looser to an Ivey-level is only one step lol..
      But yea I'd prefer to play agains someone that know more than only what is 3-of-the-kind. As long as Im better than them :P
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze

You are talking like from big looser to an Ivey-level is only one step lol..
      But yea I'd prefer to play agains someone that know more than only what is 3-of-the-kind. As long as Im better than them :P
      i dont know about you but i play poker fo money sure i enjoy poker but thats because you earn money so the worse the opponent the better and as if any body would click full tilt look for the tightest table full of reg's and sit when there is a seat open with a pack of fish, im not saying we will play ivey im just using that as an exagerated point that you would be thick to want to play a better opponent,

ill happpily play with some one that thinks a flush is 5 cards of the same colour >>>>>>>>>>> point me in the direction
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      hey pogodon.. you are aware that poker is a game, right? and it can be fun to play with friends, right?
      it's good if ppl at ur home game can think on at least one level above "what are my cards??".. that way you can pull off hilarious bluffs and just generally do amusing shit at the table... folding everything and then valuebetting the shit out of the nuts and getting paid off by some dumb calling station is really good for profit, ofc, and i love to do that online, but it isn't "fun" at all. if you play uni games / pub poker / home games just for profit... you need to find bigger fish to fry :P
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      hey pogodon.. you are aware that poker is a game, right? and it can be fun to play with friends, right?
      it's good if ppl at ur home game can think on at least one level above "what are my cards??".. that way you can pull off hilarious bluffs and just generally do amusing shit at the table... folding everything and then valuebetting the shit out of the nuts and getting paid off by some dumb calling station is really good for profit, ofc, and i love to do that online, but it isn't "fun" at all. if you play uni games / pub poker / home games just for profit... you need to find bigger fish to fry :P
      well said. +1
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      well said pagodon, who still has fun playing poker ?(

I mean fun like "whooooo I has a flush yeaaaaahhhhhhh" or "zomg I had 4 cards to a straight flush!!!!"