[NL2-NL10] SH NL50: passive player bets postflop

• Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Gold
      stats SB=48/10/0.5 WSD=31. He's very passive postflop so should I already have folded on turn?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $30.87
      Hero:
      $49.25

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:club: , A:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.50, CO folds, Hero raises to $2.50, SB calls $2.25, 2 folds.

Flop: ($6.00) 6:heart: , 7:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $3, Hero raises to $8.75, SB calls $5.75.

Turn: ($23.50) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $5, Hero calls $5.00.

River: ($33.50) 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $14, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $47.50
  • 6 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I would call his flopbet and see how turn goes. I don't like your small raise on flop against him, he bets to you, so he's got to have something, with your small reraise you are not making him to fold anything he has.

Also I wouldn't raise preflop with A6o when there's passive callingstation yet to act who has 48vpip.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by degnic
      Also I wouldn't raise preflop with A6o when there's passive callingstation yet to act who has 48vpip.
      Neither would I since too many of the hands with which he calls with have you dominated.

Flop is WA/WB so I'd just call there and hope to see a cheap SD. In the unlikely event that the SB is semi-bluffing his likley range would have close to 50% EQ on the flop anyway (FD/OESD + overs).
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Gold
      Let A6o slip preflop first in on the button? Isn't this a little too tight? Usually with these loose players behind I hope to get them to the flop since they won't hit many times they fold a lot to my cbets...
      But that's another way of thinking... don't know if it's wrong but by isolating these players your have an advantage, isn't it?
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zeffke
      Let A6o slip preflop first in on the button? Isn't this a little too tight? Usually with these loose players behind I hope to get them to the flop since they won't hit many times they fold a lot to my cbets...
      But that's another way of thinking... don't know if it's wrong but by isolating these players your have an advantage, isn't it?
      you aren't first in as MP3 already limped in. Passive callingstations usually will call you all the way to the river and maybe even showdown even with bottom pair, gutshot, 2 highcards etc etc, so A6o I definetly simply fold preflop against 48vpip yet to act. You should concentrate getting most value out of such players when you do have a hand, not bluff them for couple cents.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Gold
      Point taken and I overlooked MP3 here.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I aggree with the previous posts. I'd muck the hand preflop after a limper as playability sucks. As played, I just call the flop and reevaluate the turn.