[NL20-NL50] Jt

• Kerigen
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, T.
      MP3 raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.9) 8, A, 9 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40.

Turn: ($4.7) 5 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $3.00, Hero raises to $17.80(All-In), MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.7.
  • 2 replies
    • Tim64
      Any stats on MP? If he is tight, you are kind of likely to get into trouble with off-suited low broadways vs his dominating range. I definitely call if its sooooooted :)

As played, flop looks good. If villain checks turn we can float and if we hit and villain has Ax we should get paid. No point raising flop as we have to fold if villain shoves :(

Turn is high variance shove. If villain has Ax and calls you, you have only around 32% so you are getting your money in bad.

He will need to fold around 38% of the time. I think you need some idea of how often villain is 2nd barreling the turn to know whether he can fold a lot of his range here.

Given this, I prefer to just call on the turn. We have 32% eQuity vs Ax and we only need 28%
    • Kaitz20
      I like your shove especially if your image is tight. He would b/f there Ax hands, maybe even as strong as AK/AQ with flushdraw, since he thinks he is against flush or set too often to b/c there profitable.
      And sometimes he is barreling turn just with flushdraws that he is also folding, sos hove should be fine
      I´d likely take different approach and just call turn, since I think players would not b/f against me (yesterday I played 43/35 stats to see how nl 50 regs are adjusting my play) and when they check river then fire 7$ valuebet or if his river bet feels week then might consider even bluffshoving river