This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK on button insane pre action

• Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $11.83
      MP3:
      $20.51
      CO:
      $14.05
      BU (Hero):
      $10.15
      SB:
      $13.15

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, CO raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2.00, SB folds, BB raises to $10.00, MP3 folds, CO raises to $14.05, Hero folds.

Flop: ($26.4) 3, Q, 2 (2 players)

Turn: ($26.4) 2 (2 players)

River: ($26.4) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $26.4.

Results follow:

BB shows a flush, ace high(Ad Kd).
      CO shows a full-house, queens full of twos(Qs Qh).

CO wins with a full-house, queens full of twos(Qs Qh).

I know i know.. you can never fold kings pre.. But considering the fact that some guy cold 5bet shoved and other guy snap reshoved.. how often can my hand be good here? I made a wrong decision at the right time, but do you think it was a good decision in general?
  • 3 replies
    • Stilleris
      Stilleris
      Bronze
      it is not so bad :D watch the video :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alficor1,

Any stats or reads on the opponents? But true, it's damn hard decision as long as you said that they both snap-shoved. It's hard to expect CO exactly to have hand like QQ or KK (unlikely since we have KK), most often I don't think that he would just go broke with JJ in this spot, unless he is a big fish or something similar. So therefore I'd also in some cases would fold my KK here, depending on the opponents might even Call.

Best regards.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Well, thats the thing. QQ guy was 22/10 with AF 0,6 (140 hands) and AK guy was 25/17 2,0 (70 hands).. i was really shocked when i saw their hands.. i thought that one of them has definitely aces and the other guy probably either other two kings or aces. I didnt see any of them having worse in this spot. To see AK and QQ was just shocking.

@ Stilleris - in his spot, i think folding AA (and also every other hand) is absolutely understandable. :)