This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Aa Oop

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      I think I mised a lot of value here - bet more on flop? bet river or check/call?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $6,79
      MP2:
      $4,37

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , A:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,17, MP2 calls $0,17, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0,41) K:diamond: , 8:heart: , 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, MP2 calls $0,25.

Turn: ($0,91) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,45, MP2 calls $0,45.

River: ($1,81) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $1,81

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and sixes (As Ac)
      MP2 shows (3h 3d)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and sixes (As Ac)
  • 5 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Yeah, bet more on every street. Why did that queen scare you? When the 6 paired on the turn, it gave you aces up, so even if he had KQ you'd still have better two pair.
    • YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      I was afraid of set, he called two streets already. If he had KQ its ok, because he will probably bet river.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Yeap, don't be afraid of betting here. We can assume he would mostly 3bet QQ/KK pre, so we are left with 88/66 that beats us (backdoor flush on river aswell, but that's rare) and overall that's a bit too thin to miss value from possible worse hands like KJ/KQ/K8 etc.

Good luck!
    • h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      bet more on flop and turn , about 2/3, and on the river to extract value out of weaker hands make 1/2 ps bet...see how it will work for you...I use this like with top pair type of hands,imo you lost a lot of value there
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello YourDoom,

I think I mised a lot of value here - bet more on flop? bet river or check/call?

Yes, that's what you exactly did, missed a lot value. Just bet a lot bigger flop, turn and bet river for value. Flop & Turn easily near pot and you would even be able to shove the river for value. :) Therefore you also get the answer what to do on river.

Best regards.