Flood of SSS players?

• rockyj
      Hi, I just started playing on TitanPoker with the $50,- I got after completing the test. The only thing I fear is an abbundance of players with the same strategy, whom are -EV to my own game.
      This will mean the bigstacks will adjust to these strategies. I read I shouldnt adjust the theory on the site, but I think it can be more profitable to loosen up the starting hands a little.
      Right now I am using the SSS strategy and I have won a little, though my sample is still very small. Yet I wonder if I am leaving money at the table
  • 9 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Hi rockyj!

Welcome at PokerStrategy! I recommend that you stick 100% to the short stack strategy. Although there are a lot of other players who play this strategy, there is one simple means: table selection. Only sit down at tables where you have a maximum of 2-3 other short stacks. And concerning the big stacks at the tables: It is very difficult - almost impossible - for big stacks to adjust their game to the short stack strategy because you only play the strongest hands. Even if they know this, what should they do? You are avoiding the difficult play on turn and river because you are all-in or fold on the flop. If you climb up to higher limits an reach the silver status you will find an article in the strategy area which deals with the play against other short stacks. On the lowest limits the simple SSS should suffice.

Good luck at the tables!
    • brett1985
      'It is very difficult - almost impossible - for big stacks to adjust their game to the short stack strategy because you only play the strongest hands.'

They simply fold until they get super premium hands.
    • maxousek
      Exactly as brett said.... i play BSS and I am really hating shortstack players...
      It is a really moneyspew to play against them,because most of the time I am underdog.
      I am playing at partypoker and now I am really thinking about leaving this site.I started there thanks for this great site and thanks for that free deposit.I made a nice bankroll here but now I really hate PP.
      It is really flooded by Shortstack players in a great amount.More than 40% of players at the tables are shortstacks with stats 2/2/0 or something like that.
      You can steal from them ,but it is still not much profitable.When I raise in late position for example with KQ or AJ 4 xBB and shortstacks go allin,i have no other choice than fold....The only hands i can play againts them is AK and JJ+ and i am still even and not making profit.SSS is just so strong and cannot be outplayed.
      That´s the plus for starting beginners but a great minus is that this players are ruining the game for BSS players like me.
      You produced a lot of players through pokerstrategy a lot of SSS players on PP and Titan and PP became a very nitty site and that´s why i will probably change the poker room.
      Anyway pokerstragy is a great site for beginners,who wants to start playing poker and do not want to invest money until they get good at the game.

Well thats my short report from PP,I wish every one good luck and reads ;)
      Keep working Pokerstrategy !
    • helemaalnicks
      i hate ss too. Long live the average stacks! They are the ones that pay you off.
    • Utahmar
      Play 6 max tables, i guess.
    • mashmash
      I like to play both ss and bs, mostly bs but it depends on the time of day and my mood. As a big stack, I think ss players can definitely be profitable. You just have to pick your spots and often allowing a bluff will be best when you have a great hand. Usually you wont notice the short stacks because there should only be 1 or 2 of them and they dont play many hands. As a short stack, it is difficult to play against other ss players and you will need to switch things up a bit sometimes. Still, until you get more experience you should stick to the guidelines, and use your option to leave and find a better table if it is tough. I have played on titan before and I agree that the table selection there is not very good. Utahmah is onto something, you might want to try 6 max. It can be very profitable.
    • ramunaz
      As games get tougher and tougher, I think this site will kill micro stakes online poker :D
    • Puschkin81
      I don't think so because there will always be more bad than good players for the next couple of years. The poker boom keeps growing.

Good luck at the tables!
    • chenny8888
      i find the influx of players isn't to the micro stakes though.

imagine this stereotypical new entry into poker: you are not poor, you have no idea of BRM, you are wanting to learn how to play poker... where do you go?

ooh 1$/2$ or 0.5/$1 those look cheap..

micro stakes fish are arguably a rarer breed than those in bigger stakes...

(obviously there are still a lot of idiots at the low levels though)