How to spend FPP's on stars?

• viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Lo guys

What do you do with your FPP's on stars? I've heard satelittes are interesting but I've never tried 'm before.
      Can you get a higher $/VPP that way (compared to cash bonusses) and how much time do you have to invest in them?
  • 9 replies
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      I'm saving them to buy the biggest bonus, but satellites should have a better value if you know how to play them and are willing to spend time on it.

I think the 6max hyper turbos (for Sunday 1/4 Million for example) should be the most effective ones.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      thanks, I'm was infact waiting till I reached platinumstar because below that the bonusses are pretty bad.. I'll look into these satelites ^^

You can use the T$ to buy-in for sng's right?
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      yup
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      The satellites were very soft when I tried them, but you have to balance the extra value with your time that you could be spending playing other SNGs with a positive ROI, I hope.

Cash game players have the disadvantage that they usually have much less of an idea of how to play in a super satellite than a SNG player does, and you will get to play against some cash game players in the satellites who have no idea how to play near the bubble. At times, you will coast into the money when two players collide for no reason, and many players will miss ATC shoves against you.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LgWz
      I'm saving them to buy the biggest bonus, but satellites should have a better value if you know how to play them and are willing to spend time on it.

I think the 6max hyper turbos (for Sunday 1/4 Million for example) should be the most effective ones.

These look pretty cool:

280VPP buyin, first two get a ticket worth 11$, 3rd gets 280VPP's
      They have a hyperturbo structure so it shoulden't be too hard to get some volume in.

The platinumstar bonus gives a $/VPP ratio: 0.013
      So that means I'll make a better ratio if I place 2/6 times (that would mean playing without an edge) and that's not even counting the 3rd place getting his buyin back.. not even mentioning the fact that I wont reach platinum for at least 2 months :f_eek:
      I'm gonna give these a shot tonight :s_grin:
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Yea I think they give like 0.0157 $/FPP if you breakeven if I did my math right.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      played 26 in just under an hour, made 88$ at 0.0142$/VPP.
      Not bad for the first time imo, the 6max hyperturbo structure is really strange and I made some terribad plays :f_grin:
      I think I'm gonna stick to 'm, the $/hour return is reasonably good and my game should improve.
      Bronze
      They may take a little longer but they have way less variance...

The 210 fpp 20 man to the sunday 1/4 mil. that is.

Seriously I have played a pile and I cash in 2 out of 3.

6 people get T$11 out of 20. By the time one is at say 50/100 a second one fills.

At certain times of the day they fill too slow to make it worth while but if you time it right you can make
      a hefty chunk of $T. They are filled with fish and cash game players with no idea how to play a SNG.

You may find two or 3 solid players in a game but just avoid clashing with them and its easy money.

Seriously 2 out of 3 pay. I have never doubled up and not got ITM ever and if you do not double up playing
      ABC early game the tables get way over tight before the final table so its easy game to chip up with shoves.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Thanks I will look into those. They'll propably give better $/VPP because I'm used to the tournament structure, if I can get a decent hourly I might switch to these :)