Utahmar: $4.30
      MP2: $16.55
      MP3: $19.55
      CO: $24.75
      Button: $10.25
      SB: $6.90
      BB: $13.75

Pre-flop: (9 players) Utahmar is MP1 with Q A
      2 folds, Utahmar raises to $1, MP2 calls $1 (pot was $1.35).

Flop: 7 K K ($2.35, 3 players)
      Utahmar is all-in $3.3, MP2 calls $3.3 (pot was $5.65).

Turn: 8 ($8.95, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $8.95)

River: 4 ($8.95, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $8.95)

Results:
      Final pot: $8.95

Here its overbet. Have to find the right spots. 1.6$ is 2/3, after 1.6$ bet on a reraise 1.7$ left, is it foldable ?
  • 10 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I would play the same, since flop is nice)
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Any 7 or 88+ will call you here, as well as a King. Problem here is, that you could be behind, since villain knows, that he is ahead with a made hand, if you hold Overcards.

Here I would make a Cbet, since its less likely that your opponent is believing that you have the king. With a cbet instead of the push, you look stronger representing an Overpair. With the push it often looks weak, like you´re saying:
      "I only have A-high, please fold."

But its tough to do the right think.

I do not say that your push is bad, but here I would have made a bet of around $1.5.
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      And fold on a reraise ? Check fold turn if just get called on flop ?
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      I think Xylere similar hand gave the answer, with AK on QxQ. Fold to rr, and dont push.
      Here i got called with ATo.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Which hand? can you post a link, please?
      about this one, its quite tough... On one hand i like paired flops, because there is low chance our opponent hit something. On other hand I agree with Berliner, that he might call with pocket pairs. But what I know for sure (I read it again yesterday in Sklansy's No limit holdem) that cbet/call is mostly ever a mistake...
      So I guess it very depends on the opponent... I guess i would push here against agressive one and make normal cbet against passive one... but this is my opinion...
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      1 hand NL 100$ - cb with overcards

I see difference is i got only 1 overcard, but K unlikely hand for villain.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      In xylere hand I´m only talking about the situation after he made the cbet, but not saying anything if pushing or a cbet is better.

When you cbet your hand here in your situation and you get a raise, you have to call as well or fold, depending on the reads on your opponent.

Thats why I did not say that you push was bet, only that I would have made a cbet here, and decide after that what to do. ;)

So its ok, if you like to push in the future as well in such situations, but also decide after the knowlegde you after about your opponent.
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Oki ... :)
      Against unknown, after a reraise is it foldable the remaining 1.7$ ?
      If he just calls, check turn , and fold to bet ?
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Against unknown you cold also call, and make a note afterwards, so that you know what he might could hold next time.

On the turn I would decide between check/fold or going All-In, depending of the turn. If its a scarecard for your opponent, I push.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      No, there is another difference: I had 18BB stack and 9BB pot... so pushing there wasn`t really an option... I mean given the action happend in hand push is definately better than cbet/call, that was wrong play as we figured out. On other hand here you have 13BB in stack and 9BB in pot... so push is more acceptable here, but ist only my opinion of course...