[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Kk

• nktns
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, BU calls $1.20, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($3.75) Q, 3, J (3 players)
      MP3 bets $0.60, Hero raises to $2.00, BU folds, MP3 calls $1.40.

Turn: ($7.75) 2 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

River: ($8.95) 6 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Final Pot: $10.15.

Almost unknown, but looked like to loose side.
      Raise more flop?
  • 5 replies
    • McHallow
      Personally I think:

Flop raise was a good amount, he might of been cbetting air here and too much might of blown him out of the hand.

Turn: I'd have raised from his small bet and re-evaluate his aggression, though with his small bet I'd assume he wasn't flush drawing on the flop and more likely Top pair/Two pair.

River: You have second nut flush, he didn't show all that much aggression, I would of pushed here as it's well within the pot range, the fact he kept his bet the same on all three streets shows weakness as anyone would bet higher for value here with a nut flush.
    • nktns
      i think he may try to induce raise from me on turn and i can't call shove with happy face + he may shove worse for example AdQx so i go for pot control line as i'm not sure how crazy he is.
      imo cant shove river, he won't call with worse.
    • Indahaus
      Imo you have to raise flop bigger, becouse i dont think he would call with complete air anyway. and u get more value from top pairs or drawing hands. For the turn, i would raise it small for value and fold to a shove, becouse you are most likely behind then.
    • yaxkukmian
      Preflop raisucould be a bit bigger but not more that 1,40.

Flop play I don't like at all! His block bet worked because you just 3x raised his "bet". I would bet more on this kind of scary flop - more like sth 2,80 (you have a player behind you to act!! and if both of them call your 1/2 pot bet you're screwed).

Turn I just call.

River I would shove over him because the board is not paired and this kind of player having an Ad is highly unlikely.
    • veriz
      Hello nktns,

Raising intention is to protect from that draw-heavy board and get value from weaker hands, therefore it also has to be bigger, raising that small doesn't make sense, unless you want to give him good odds for a Call. I'd just make it $4 on flop and ship the turn. As played I'd prefer also just Calling down, since he will have hard time Calling on river with a lot worse. If we knew the opponent then it could be even possible to do that.

Best regards.