[NL2-NL10] Nl 100$ steals and resteals

• xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Its a question, not a hand, but i`ve never seen Berliner posting in strategy discussion forum and I don`t know whoelse can help me. So I appologize beforehand for posting here... if it is to strict, plese move this thred to another section.

But the topic is to stresfull for me) I started NL 100$ with good run (8BB/100 in first 2k hands) without any steals/resteals. But since the blinds are way bigger now, I decided that its crucial to start doing it now. Another 1k hand dropped my winrate to 5BB and there is nothing to do with downswing... detailed review of the session showed that mostly mess caused by my steals/resteals contributed to it)

First of all, I don`t have big samples to steal/resteal properly, since there are no mining possibilities in ongame network and by the time I will collect enough hands I will be playing NL 100 000$ (hopefully :D :D )

So my first decision was - muck it )) But how can I learn it then? I guess it might be too late on NL 200?

So I came up with following plan:

First 10-20 minutes I am not stealing/restealing - but creating the tight SS image.

Then I`ll try to steal once on every table where situation appears.
      Stealing range: Broadway cards - pocket pairs. I will fold to re-raise and cbet 2/3 pot on flop in case blind will call. I will also make a note on everyone from whom I stole and try to pay attention on every steal attempt happening around.

About resteal - I think I will give it up. Maybe I will loosen up a bit and push with AQ and TT, but I am not sure. i will also make notes on everybody who is making steal attempts and if they are repeated, then I`ll make a move, but again tight one.

I hope it will help me to learn a bit and affect my winrate less)

As you could notice i am still quite confused... i did great without it, but I have to start someday...
  • 2 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      On NL100 you should start with steals and re-steals, you´re right with that. I assume that even if you have no chance to mine hands on your pokerroom, you still can use PokerTracker and PokerAce. So when you have a samplesize of your opponents where you had a few blindsteal situations (25 and more), you at least get a slighty tendency.

So maybe start playing less tables, in a way you´re able to watch the behaviour of your opponents to your left and right when it comes to blind steal situation, so that you get a feeling how they play. If they are pretty weak, loosen up.

It all about a combination how weak they are, how loose and aggressive they are preflop as well. And also whats your table image is (maybe not so much important on this limit).

To train blindsteal and resteal situations use the Equilator, to simulate situations against different types of players. So you will get a feeling how good your hands would be against the average stealing hand range from different player types.

I would also only start loosing up a little bit and not to much. You also can think about using squeeze plays to improve your game. Meaning that after a raise and cold call you go All-In. In which situations this is profitable you can also simulate with the equilator and the preflop stats of your opponents.

I hope I was able to help you a little bit.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Thanks a LOT ! playing less tables really helped. I got used to very fast 12 tables play, so with 8 I feel very comfortable observing the game and making notes on flow) so I guess I will stick to it for a while... I will also try equilator fo sure. And I managed to find one guy from russian PS forum, who is playing NL 100 on mansion, so we will be sharing our databases) I am a happy shortstack again :D

Thank you !