NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($14.36)
      BB ($13.56)
      CO ($6.51)
      Hero ($15.09)

Dealt to Hero 7:spade: 8:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.90) 9:club: 8:heart: T:heart:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB folds, BB raises to $2, Hero calls $1.30

TURN ($4.90) 9:club: 8:heart: T:heart: 5:spade:

BB bets $4.90, Hero folds

BB wins $4.66

BB: 12/6/3.2

Probably I have to fold to his raise on flop. With QQ+ he should raise preflop. He is not having two pair very often there I think, because he would fold those hands preflop. So he might have a set. I have outs for lowest set, so I can discount them. If I hit straight, will he pay me off with his set on this board, how do you think?
  • 4 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Calling on the flop is bad imo. The problem in this spot is, that you're drawing to a straight that might not be good. Look, if you hit your straight, how much more money do you think a set will pay you? Not much. And if you hit your hand (straight or trips, i assume you'll not go crazy with two pair on such board) and opp has better hand, you'll lose a lot.

And honestly, i'd not even cbet such flop against two players. This flop hits their blind defending range pretty damn well imo. Just check behind, keep the pot small and get a free card.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Just take a free card on flop, I don't really like to CBet there against so many opponents, it might hit them really hard on such flop and they are likely going to continue. Otherwise Bet/Fold, it's a big mistake to Call for your bottom straight which you even don't know if it's enough or either you will get paid from such a nitty opponent.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Just take a free card on flop, I don't really like to CBet there against so many opponents, it might hit them really hard on such flop and they are likely going to continue.

I was thinking - I have pair, I know they might have hit, but it is posible that they didn't, how can I not cbet with a pair, to protect against hands that did not hit, plus I have some outs, not much, but still.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Just take a free card on flop, I don't really like to CBet there against so many opponents, it might hit them really hard on such flop and they are likely going to continue.

I was thinking - I have pair, I know they might have hit, but it is posible that they didn't, how can I not cbet with a pair, to protect against hands that did not hit, plus I have some outs, not much, but still.
      Hitting doesn't have to always involve CBetting, don't take that as HIT=CBet, in multiway pot, you can turn such spots into leaks. Especially on such flops where you drawing for bottom straight, while you could already be drawing dead.