This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 MP2 AA

• Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      CO:
      $1.94

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.95 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , A:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.08, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) K:spade: , 9:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, CO calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.47) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.34, CO calls $0.34.

River: ($1.15) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.8, CO raises to $1.38 (All-In), Hero calls $0.58.

Final Pot: $3.91

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (As Ac)
      CO shows (Ad 8d)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (As Ac)

His actual hand makes no sense

On the river I called eventhough he was pretty passive post flop just because I thought it was quite likely he had some kind of missed draw. Some sort of FD, or SD were the only hands I can see him calling the turn with.

Everything untill the river is pretty standard I guess, but would a check/ call line maybe be better on river? I can avoid having to call a raise then if he does have a some sort of set etc he's slowplayed or he may bluff a missed draw.

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      You should bet all streets, maybe just bet bit less on river to make Kx call ~0.65, after his raise easy call, nice hand
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jeffers16,

Nothing much I can add here, just Bet/Bet/Bet for value and we can never fold on river with so great odds. :) Since the opponent is pretty passive there is no point in Check/Call according to his stats at the moment. Therefore just bet for value.

Best regards.