[NL2-NL10] NL10 rush deep AK

• fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      made me sick, I mean definitely deep guy can have a set but :/ how often? does he lay down AK AQ here? can I fold? ugh..

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      FullTiltPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG WRD1 ($10.20)
      UTG+1 hypercom555 ($11.45)
      CO StayTasty ($32.42)
      BTN Method0711 ($22.28)
      SB kinder91 ($6)
      BB Hero ($31.81)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BB K:club: A:spade:
      1 fold, hypercom555 raises to $0.30, StayTasty calls $0.30, Method0711 calls $0.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, hypercom555 calls $1.20, StayTasty calls $1.20, Method0711 calls $1.20

Flop: 2:club: A:heart: 6:spade: ($6.05, 4 players)
      Hero bets $4, hypercom555 goes all-in $9.95, 1 fold, Method0711 calls $9.95, Hero goes all-in $30.31, Method0711 goes all-in $10.83

Turn: 9:diamond: ($67.09, 3 players, 3 all-in)

River: J:club: ($67.09, 3 players, 3 all-in)

Final Pot: $67.09
      hypercom555 shows a pair of Aces
      A:diamond: 5:heart:
      Method0711 shows three of a kind, Twos
      2:spade: 2:heart:
      Hero shows a pair of Aces
      K:club: A:spade:

Method0711 wins $55.56 (net +$33.28)

Hero collects $9.53 (net -$22.28)
      hypercom555 lost $11.45
      StayTasty lost $1.50
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fusionpk,

Preflop: Don't really like 3betting here exactly for that reason since we are OOP and we are that deep, I'd either prefer to play in smaller pots or even maybe just fold directly.

As played
      Flop: Bet/Fold, you don't beat much here, also being so deep, I don't like risking with my money with only TPTK. They could easily have a set here or something similar. If the other guy wouldn't Call we could consider Calling but after he does, then it's pretty hard.

Best regards.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Thanks, would you think that 3b'ing a hand like 99 in this spot preflop is ok? We take down the pot sometimes pre, sometimes thin the field and play vs 1 opponent, and then we can just setmine postflop in a multiway? Also if you were on BTN would u make this 3b with AK or do u just like to keep the pot small with AK since our potential hands arn't so good for stacking off deep?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Thanks, would you think that 3b'ing a hand like 99 in this spot preflop is ok? We take down the pot sometimes pre, sometimes thin the field and play vs 1 opponent, and then we can just setmine postflop in a multiway?

You are welcome! With 99s I would never 3bet here being OOP, just take the odds and set mine and hope for a hit being so deep. :)

Also if you were on BTN would u make this 3b with AK or do u just like to keep the pot small with AK since our potential hands arn't so good for stacking off deep?

Nah, I don't really like 3betting with AK being deep, even if we have position, we are just putting ourself into trouble spots, since they will often have odds to Call for set mine and they might even hit and we hit our Ace and I wouldn't really like to go broke being 300BB deep.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Ok cool, thankyou! Gotta plug those leaks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by fusionpk
      Ok cool, thankyou! Gotta plug those leaks!
      You are welcome! Good luck with them, the best way to find those leaks is by posting more hands and discussing them. :)
    • mordath
      mordath
      Bronze
      Interesting. Are you saying one shouldn't 3b hands like AK oop for value when deep? You even mention folding AK.

You're still getting called by a ton of worse hands and just proceed with caution postflop?

Or should it be strictly for value KK+ when you're that deep? I don't see how this avoids giving people odds for setmining regardless though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Interesting. Are you saying one shouldn't 3b hands like AK oop for value when deep? You even mention folding AK.

Exactly that happened in this situation, which I try to avoid being 300BB deep, you 3bet and they Call, and you will never know where you stand. You might be against some Ax crap but also against set and I am not a big fan of going broke with just TP being 300BB deep. Therefore, yes, being OOP in this situation I'd rather prefer to raise with a lot stronger hands which has better equity. Just put AKo into equilator and play around with the ranges, for example if you give the opponent any kind of PP 22-TT and some random to the other. And put both, AKo and KK and you will see how big the difference is.

You're still getting called by a ton of worse hands and just proceed with caution postflop?

And how do you proceed on such flops? They are way too big to play passively and we might just give perfect odds for others to Call, we can't even defend. Having 100BB, I don't even mind 3betting here and likely even playing for stacks.

Or should it be strictly for value KK+ when you're that deep? I don't see how this avoids giving people odds for setmining regardless though.

Yeah, I'd rather prefer to have some stronger PP in this situation, which also has set ability to hit. As I mentioned earlier, try the ranges in equilator and you will see the difference. A homework for you. :)