[NL2-NL10] NL2 JJ overpair

• Royaltramp
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:spade:
      MP1 raises to $0.04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.27) T:heart: , 8:spade: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.2, MP1 calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.67) Q:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.45, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $1.12

--- Normally I don't re-raise with JJ but to a min-raise I decided a 3-bet would be good as it gives me an opportunity to cbet the flop.

Flop: Now I have an overpair, there are draws on the board but nothing likely to be in MP1's range so I bet just over 2/3 of the pot.

Turn: Had I been OOP I might have considered checking here even though it would open me up to being pushed out by a weaker hand betting - but in position I decide I can easily bet again here, thoughts on my bet size?
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      Bet more preflop so you build your pot. Since you're on the button I would raise 14c.

Flop would be 31c so I would be at least 24c to protect your hand and also to get some value.

Turn was a good decision I would also continue betting and be representing very strong hand.

All in all nice hand and pretty standard play.
    • veriz
      Hello Royaltramp,

I'd say pretty standard play, I would have done the same. Also like your thoughts about the hand. Bet sizings are totally fine. Nice hand!

Best regards.