This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 JJ overpair

• Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $4.86
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:spade:
      MP1 raises to $0.04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.27) T:heart: , 8:spade: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.2, MP1 calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.67) Q:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.45, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $1.12

--- Normally I don't re-raise with JJ but to a min-raise I decided a 3-bet would be good as it gives me an opportunity to cbet the flop.

Flop: Now I have an overpair, there are draws on the board but nothing likely to be in MP1's range so I bet just over 2/3 of the pot.

Turn: Had I been OOP I might have considered checking here even though it would open me up to being pushed out by a weaker hand betting - but in position I decide I can easily bet again here, thoughts on my bet size?
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Bet more preflop so you build your pot. Since you're on the button I would raise 14c.

Flop would be 31c so I would be at least 24c to protect your hand and also to get some value.

Turn was a good decision I would also continue betting and be representing very strong hand.

All in all nice hand and pretty standard play.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Royaltramp,

I'd say pretty standard play, I would have done the same. Also like your thoughts about the hand. Bet sizings are totally fine. Nice hand!

Best regards.