Stack
      Hero:
      $2.77
      MP1:
      $4.31
      MP2:
      $1.12

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 8:diamond: , 8:club:
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08, MP2 calls $0.08, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.27) 9:diamond: , 6:heart: , 5:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.69, Hero raises to $2.69 (All-In), MP2 raises to $1.04 (All-In).

Turn: ($4.00) 5:club:
      River: ($4.00) Q:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, eights and fives (8d 8c)
      MP2 shows a full-house, nines full of fives (9h 9c)

MP2 wins with a full-house, nines full of fives (9h 9c)

--- Not sure what I was doing here, looking back I'm thinking my bet was correct but I should have folded to the raise, thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      First of all - two players called you (both of them look loose but still there are two of them).
      In this position I would bet smaller like 16-19c. Why? If they completely missed they're going to fold anyway and if you get reraise (what is very possible with two loose players behind you) you can still fold and don't think you invested too much.
      Second important thing, if you bet like 16c, mp1 folds and mp2 raises on 48c you still have a decision to make what to do. But when you bet this big you just shove or fold (in this case he's not even full stack so that doesn't matter but when playing full stack players that will be important).

How it was played.
      I just check the flop. I probably call the small bet even if I'm out of position against such donkeys.
      If it gets checked to the turn and it comes nice 5 like this I tend to lead out. If somebody bet the flop I check to him and then decide.

It's very passive line but you must know that on NL2 people go brok with A9 all the time, so I would (and I'm actually) fold after reraise. Since he's half stacked the decision to fold is even easier since he will most probably bet again on the turn and I won't like almost any turn.

(just to mention...for example if I have TT+ and no notes about this guy I'm going broke here definitely)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Royaltramp,

Even if the guy has such a small stack I wouldn't really go broke there. I'd bet like $0.2 on flop and fold to the raise in such multiway pot. He could easily have there TP, 2pairs, set or even straight against us, there are so many hands what beat us. Way too risky to loose that much.

Best regards.