Stack
      SB:
      $1.2
      Hero:
      $2
      BU:
      $4.12

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , 7:diamond:
      7 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.06) 7:club: , 5:diamond: , 3:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.22) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BU calls $0.15.

River: ($0.52) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26.

Final Pot: $1.04

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows a flush, seven high (6c 2c)
      Hero shows (Qh 7d)

BU wins with a flush, seven high (6c 2c)

--- Preflop: Checked in from BB

Flop: Bet slightly over the pot since it was so small and I needed to protect against draws here.

Turn: Unfortunately any flush draw was completed here, plus straight for anyone who had a 6, but I didn't want to check and put myself open to a sizeable bet that'd throw me out of the pot, so I made another bet here - right choice?

River: I'm thinking c/f would be better here since there were too many completed draws
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Flop play is ok, as you said to protect your tp.

Turn play is not ok! You're out of position that's very important thing. So you have to think what are you going to do on the river (doesn't matter what comes, you won't like it anyway). If you bet and he just calls the pot is 50c big. And if he bets river 30-40c are you going to call him? Since is limped hand, there are many two pair posibilities, any 6 is good, flush beats you... You might think check/fold is very weak action but I disagree - it's disciplined play, the good one. You don't want to throw your money away.

Turn is c/fold. If you think he wants to take the pot from you you could check/call him, but not for too much.

River play is just horrible! 23457 on the board...which hand do you beat?? Even his bluff range hands got there.

Make your life easier and fold on turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Royaltramp,

Flop: I'd bet just near pot or something similar. Wouldn't over-bet.
      Turn: As it's freeplay and a lot of draws came, I'd just give it up right here, so Check/Fold.

As played
      River: Check/Fold, you don't beat anything anymore.

Best regards.