Stack
      UTG1:
      $1.42
      UTG2:
      $5.18
      Hero:
      $2.09

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, 7 folds, UTG2 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.53) 5:diamond: , 3:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.37, UTG2 calls $0.37.

Turn: ($1.27) T:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1, UTG2 calls $1.00.

River: ($3.27) 4:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero raises $0.48 (All-In), UTG2 folds.

Final Pot: $3.75

--- Preflop: Standard 3bet

Flop: Was intending to bet around 4/5 of the pot to protect against draws but figured I'd bet slightly under $0.40 to make weaker hands see it as a smaller amount and be more likely to call.

Turn: Another 4/5 of the pot bet in case the loose opponent is still chasing a draw - and just because they will call me with top pair now or many bad hands

River: Although most of the time I was way ahead here, should I maybe have checked behind here? Since often such a loose opponent might just be calling with A high hoping I missed too - and they would now have a straight.
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      If you know he's loose bet more preflop - punish him for limping. Loose limpers hate that and they call most of the time. If you raise him 0,28 the pot is 60c big and it gets more expensive for him to see next streets.

On the flop bet bigger, since loose players usually call almost any c-bet and this one looks fairly good for any pair he holds. If you make pot bigger preflop and on the flop it will be more expensive for him to go on.

The actual hand:
      Flop: Bet like 42c on the flop, to make him pay for continuing.

Turn: Shove it all-in (if you bet more on earlier street that would mean less than a pot size bet).

River: 50c are wasted...
    • Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      You're right, I think I keep my bet-sizes too standard, and don't take care to change bet-sizes depending on if an opponent is loose or tight.

Thanks for the advice :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Royaltramp,

I don't mind your line and bet sizings. Nice hand! I would have done the same but also wouldn't be that bad if you made the bets bigger. Anyways we are all-in on river.

Best regards.