[NL2-NL10] monsterdraw, played it twice, lost it twice.

• helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      i limped 78d on the button, there where 6 callers in front of me, and a call and a check behind me.

flop: 5d6d7c. Mp3 raised 2/3 of the pot, i reraised 3x his raise, he reraised all in, and i was potcommited at that point, on nl 25.

Right play?

After the flop, the whole table called me a donkey, i was laughing of course, but who do you agree with, me or the table?
  • 3 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      With that hand to that board, it's an easy all-in on flop if you have to do that. You are a big favourite against overpair, 2 pairs, another flushdraw, hell you are even a favourite against a ready straight if he has 34. Even in worst possible scenario you are only little behind against a set or nutstraight (about a 45-55 situation). So absolutely nothing wrong with getting your money in.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      overpair, 2 pairs, another flushdraw, hell you are even a favourite against a ready straight if he has 34. Even in worst possible scenario you are only little behind against a set or nutstraight (about a 45-55 situation)

i think you are overrating NL25, he had TPTK :p i had 19 outs. I ask this question because this is the way i always play a monsterdraw. I even play my oesd and flush draws very strong, because it makes them think you have top pair, and makes them slowplay their tptk or set or 2 pair.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      You had a monster draw - easy all-in. Most beginners just see their hand on the flop, but don't realize that the monster draw has great equity, e.g., against hands like A:sA