This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] monsterdraw, played it twice, lost it twice.

• helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      i limped 78d on the button, there where 6 callers in front of me, and a call and a check behind me.

flop: 5d6d7c. Mp3 raised 2/3 of the pot, i reraised 3x his raise, he reraised all in, and i was potcommited at that point, on nl 25.

Right play?

After the flop, the whole table called me a donkey, i was laughing of course, but who do you agree with, me or the table?
  • 3 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      With that hand to that board, it's an easy all-in on flop if you have to do that. You are a big favourite against overpair, 2 pairs, another flushdraw, hell you are even a favourite against a ready straight if he has 34. Even in worst possible scenario you are only little behind against a set or nutstraight (about a 45-55 situation). So absolutely nothing wrong with getting your money in.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      overpair, 2 pairs, another flushdraw, hell you are even a favourite against a ready straight if he has 34. Even in worst possible scenario you are only little behind against a set or nutstraight (about a 45-55 situation)

i think you are overrating NL25, he had TPTK :p i had 19 outs. I ask this question because this is the way i always play a monsterdraw. I even play my oesd and flush draws very strong, because it makes them think you have top pair, and makes them slowplay their tptk or set or 2 pair.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      You had a monster draw - easy all-in. Most beginners just see their hand on the flop, but don't realize that the monster draw has great equity, e.g., against hands like A:sA