[NL2-NL10] A9s in the BB with TPTK on 2 colour board OOP

• thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($16.24)
      UTG+1 ($54.45)
      MP1 ($43.07)
      MP2 ($19.43)
      MP3 ($35.24)
      CO ($26.52)
      Button ($34.62)
      Hero (SB) ($10)
      BB ($104.82)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 9
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 5 folds, Hero bets $1, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.25) 9, 6, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, UTG+1 calls $2

Turn: ($6.25) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $6.25 | Rake: $0.31

Results:
      Hero didn't show A, 9.
      Outcome: Hero won $5.94

preflop, just trying to punish some limper with an A9s and end up with a 2 colour board 9 high, so with a weak TPTK, I cbet standard and got called which I think does not mean much on this type of board. Villain could be trying to float, have a FD, have a weak pair and think am bluffing , but also might be slowplaying an overpair or a set and not know about protecting or think it is more profitable to slowplay it.

I think betting htere is best I might still be called by draws so could get some value out of it. Did I play it right? If I was 3betted on the flop, I do not have any info on villain, so I probably would have pushed with my TPTK hoping to catch a draw there or even better a bluff :D
  • 3 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would bet more pre-flop because you will play OOP in the hand.

Flop cbet is standard. But pushing turn is a bit overplay imo.

T.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey thazar,

If villain had a high limp/fold stat then I like the preflop raise, but otherwise I would prefer to complete SB or just fold depending how loose/fishy opponent is. Playing/isolating OOP can be a pain.

As played, I think barreling turn is a must, but betting like 4$ should be enough to extract value and to protect.

Leaving for Gerv to have a look.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If you want to raise this hand, please raise bigger. It also functions as potbuilding and getting more money if he folds.

Villain could be trying to float, have a FD, have a weak pair and think am bluffing , but also might be slowplaying an overpair or a set and not know about protecting or think it is more profitable to slowplay it.
      You are rambling and contradicting yourself all over the place here. This eventually leads you doubting what you have to do. Just think in ranges and apply logic. Put yourself in his shoes with certain holdings.

Would you slowplay set? Would you ever have overpairs in my range? Would I ever float OOP by c/c or do I c/R from the get-go?