This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 88 donk-bluffing flop

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      opp was unknown when hand was played. Is this alternative to folding when He (surely) c-bets?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $6,99
      MP2:
      $5

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:diamond: , 8:club:
      MP2 raises to $0,20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,45) A:spade: , K:club: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,15, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,45
  • 1 reply
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi YourDoom!

I believe this is viable option how to take pot down, and it is much cheaper considering line raising his c-bet OOP. If called after rasing you are done with your hand and you have payed 4x more considering donk bet.

In any case, I think that your donk must look strong (like 2/3 POT size bet).

In this case if I see such smalish donk on this flop, I would raise you every time no matter what I have ;) and let you fold your 88, Kx hands.

Regards

Funktor

P.S: Just do not make this play everytime you have opportunity, but mix it up and include it as random option to your game. Check-fold is probably ok most of the time here. If he checks to you, you can try to take it down on turn.