Stack
      Hero:
      $5,98
      BB:
      $4,78
      MP2:
      $1,88

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , J:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0,10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,35, BB calls $0,30, MP2 calls $0,25.

Flop: ($1,05) J:diamond: , 5:heart: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,65, BB calls $0,65, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($2,35) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2,35, Hero raises to $4,98 (All-In), BB calls $1,43 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($9,91) 2:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9,91

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Ah Js)
      BB shows (Qs 8s)

Hero wins with a pair of jacks (Ah Js)
  • 1 reply
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi YourDoom!

Preflop:
      MP2 is quite short and by 3-betting yourself here, you may get in situation when he can easily shove over you. And you are not happy get money in preflop with AJo. In addition SB is the worst position at the table and you have to play every street first. I would recommend fold here and play medium hands like AJo in position.

Flop: ok
      Turn:
      I am not that happy get money in on turn as flating 3-bet either means complete fish or pretty strong hand QQ+. In such case you me be far behind in this situation.

On turn I would continue with betting of 2/3 POT size bet and see what happens and let BB pay for weak draws. You are commited to call if he shoves over you (again not happy do that with just AJ)

Regards

Funktor