[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Kk

• YourDoom
      just call flop raise and check turn? fold to flop 4-bet shove?

Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,17, MP2 calls $0,17, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0,41) 8:club: , 6:club: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, MP2 raises to $0,50, Hero raises to $0,90, MP2 raises to $7,19 (All-In), Hero calls $3,93 (All-In), MP2 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($10,07) 7:diamond:
      River: ($10,07) 9:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10,07

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ks Kd)
      MP2 shows three-of-a-kind, sixes (6h 6s)

MP2 wins with three-of-a-kind, sixes (6h 6s)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello YourDoom,

The problem with such situations is that I often expect them to have a set here, therefore I might even make the weak Bet/Fold, unless I know the opponent. And with just Calling we don't achieve much, since he will be most often going to barrel the turn again and we will have hard time Calling it. Therefore if I have some good reads on him that he might even do such move with just TP or even with draw then I might just ship it on flop but there we wont also get that good equity against him, at best case like 45% or something similar if we had TP and some draw into his range. True that sometimes Bet/Fold line could look like too weak but consider your own, do you want to go broke when you are behind? And why should he even try to go broke on such flop with just TP.

Best regards.