Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.95) J:spade: 3:heart: A:club:

Hero bets $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

TURN ($1.95) J:spade: 3:heart: A:club: 2:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.35, Hero folds

BTN wins $1.86

21/18/5.3

On turn I don't know what to do. I don't want bet again and pay him off if he has Ax but by checking I give him opportunity to bluff. His bet is big on turn - do players bluff with such bets? Or he would bet 1/2 if he is bluffing? Maybe should I call if he bets 1/2 pot?

Edit: Now I think - there is no Ax hands in his range - he would fold preflop or he would 3bet them. So his call on flop means two things - set or float I guess.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Nothing else you can do there than CBet the flop and if he Calls then likely even give it up. Depending on the opponent you can play accordingly but I don't really like to play back on such board, he may often have the Ace here.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      But what Ax hands is he calling preflop? From his stats it looks that he is not bad player. He should 3bet AQ+, fold or semibluf AJ. He should also fold suited aces. At least I would if I were him.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      But what Ax hands is he calling preflop? From his stats it looks that he is not bad player. He should 3bet AQ+, fold or semibluf AJ. He should also fold suited aces. At least I would if I were him.
      Why do you think he would 3bet us with AJ+? I have seen so many times players even just flatting us with AK. Since you didn't put any 3bet stat from him I can't say that, therefore it's easy fold. Way too risky to try something fancy here, if we don't know more stats, since you didn't put any, only AF.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Also if you think that he often floats in this spot then just 2nd barrel and take the pot down, sometimes make fold hands like Jx.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Why do you think he would 3bet us with AJ+? I have seen so many times players even just flatting us with AK. Since you didn't put any 3bet stat from him I can't say that, therefore it's easy fold. Way too risky to try something fancy here, if we don't know more stats, since you didn't put any, only AF.
      With AJ not that often but with AQ+ 3beting preflop is like standart play for regs :) I don't slowplay AK. Maybe when you are more advaced you can slowplay AK. But this player I assume is not such an advanced because he plays NL10.
      But, yeah, it is chance that he is tag fish. But more often players with such stats are regs I think.

Edit: when talking about slowplays I meant in preflop.