DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $10.05
      Hero (BB): $10.00
      UTG: $10.34
      CO: $15.21
      BTN: $10.04

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with A :diamond: T :heart:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) J :heart: 9 :heart: 8 :spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.90) A :heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.64, Hero calls $0.64, BTN folds

River: ($2.18) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.20, Hero folds

No stats on SB, only on BU 20 vp 16 pfr 1AF 33 WTSD 37 ATT to steal 110 hands.
      Preflop, Bu seems to steal a lot and It gives me good odds,should I fold it preflop??
      Or it is a spot where I could squeeze??
      On flop I just check behind with my OESD,on turn I have a pair of aces + oesd + possible good fd so I can find a call imo.
      On the river I just give up with my weak pair of aces.

Question is should I fold it preflop, and if not, could I squeeze or call and play it differently postflop?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Squeezing preflop is usually my go-to option in that spot. If I knew BU was a lot more aggressive than that (then he'd be more likely to try and bluff at us a lot postflop) I might think about just calling, but I'd also have to know SB isn't a fish. If he is a fish, it's just too likely he's going to call/call a huge range, hence the value from squeezing trumps the potential value we could get out of the BU reg bluffing.

On the flop I usually bet when in doubt, tho check calling is okay. You can't expect BTN to c-bet that flop into 2 players with air, if he has a small pair or a draw he'll often call the flop fold the turn, if he has top pair+ he's going to just raise and we'll be on our way. Whether he's a reg or not, SB will donk out with strong hands part of the time too. So overall I think we have better opportunities to make money by betting than by not.

Hope it helps.