This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH ATo BB

• h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Party Poker $10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1081916
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $10.05
      Hero (BB): $10.00
      UTG: $10.34
      CO: $15.21
      BTN: $10.04

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with A :diamond: T :heart:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) J :heart: 9 :heart: 8 :spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.90) A :heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.64, Hero calls $0.64, BTN folds

River: ($2.18) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.20, Hero folds

No stats on SB, only on BU 20 vp 16 pfr 1AF 33 WTSD 37 ATT to steal 110 hands.
      Preflop, Bu seems to steal a lot and It gives me good odds,should I fold it preflop??
      Or it is a spot where I could squeeze??
      On flop I just check behind with my OESD,on turn I have a pair of aces + oesd + possible good fd so I can find a call imo.
      On the river I just give up with my weak pair of aces.

Question is should I fold it preflop, and if not, could I squeeze or call and play it differently postflop?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Squeezing preflop is usually my go-to option in that spot. If I knew BU was a lot more aggressive than that (then he'd be more likely to try and bluff at us a lot postflop) I might think about just calling, but I'd also have to know SB isn't a fish. If he is a fish, it's just too likely he's going to call/call a huge range, hence the value from squeezing trumps the potential value we could get out of the BU reg bluffing.

On the flop I usually bet when in doubt, tho check calling is okay. You can't expect BTN to c-bet that flop into 2 players with air, if he has a small pair or a draw he'll often call the flop fold the turn, if he has top pair+ he's going to just raise and we'll be on our way. Whether he's a reg or not, SB will donk out with strong hands part of the time too. So overall I think we have better opportunities to make money by betting than by not.

Hope it helps.