$50 starting capital

• lele007
      lele007
      Bronze
      Hello!

I'm pretty sure that this question has been answered million times, but what is the limitation at pokerstars regarding the $50 capital. If I remember correctly I've read it somewhere that after 2 months the $50 will be deducted from the pokerstars account or if there is less then $50 in the account then all will be taken, or am I wrong? :)

Thanks!
  • 15 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey lele007,

It has but it's ok, I'll answer it again ;)
      You'll never know if you don't ask so don't hesitate.

If you don't manage to collect 500 VPP* within 90 days, the $50 starting capital will be retracted from your account. If you have less than $50 at this point, only the remaining amount will be removed.

But this shouldn't be a problem by playing a little bit every couple of days, even at the micros.

* VIP Player Points (VPPs) are earned by playing poker at PokerStars. You will also get 1 StrategyPoint for every 2 VPPs you earn. The StrategyPoints you earn determine your member status and access to learning material.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      With Micromania going on, its even easier!
      Good luck =D
    • lele007
      lele007
      Bronze
      Hm I've 30 VPP's and I'm playing 1-2 micro sit&go's every day (buyin 1+0.20$) :) So its a far cry to reach 500 :)
      Or do I get more for more expensive sit and go's (e.g. 3.30$ buyin)?
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      Play a few more.
      You can play 2 at a time, play 3 sets of those.
      6 SNGs in 1.5 hours, you can move up multitabling after aw hile

Don't do $3 ones, they might be soft but you dont have the bankroll for them atm.
    • lele007
      lele007
      Bronze
      I think i'm still far away from playing at 3 tables at a time. Maybe two is doable. Or 3 only when there is a cash game (applying the SSS).
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      I never started with SSS :D
      But isn't it just playing with premium hands? You don't need to analyze your opponent as much..? (you just have to watch your stack/table)

For SNGs, I played 70 $3 ones to clear my $50 at partypoker. All the time, I played it in sets of two. (There's an article about how you play them - continuously opening new ones, or playing them in sets; I recommend sets as you stay in the same mindset and stage of the tourney in all of your games) It's doable, but move up once you have the BR.
      I made a decent ROI, and I wasn't worried about the clearing the $50, as if I make money, I keep what's left anyways.

But yes, stick to playing as much as you are comfortable with. I played some FL eight-tabling and made 1.5bb/100 hands, and then 2-tabled some NL and PLO making 30bb/100. So play your best =D
    • lele007
      lele007
      Bronze
      Cool thanks for the advice :)
    • lele007
      lele007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      If you don't manage to collect 500 VPP* within 90 days, the $50 starting capital will be retracted from your account. If you have less than $50 at this point, only the remaining amount will be removed.
      * VIP Player Points (VPPs) are earned by playing poker at PokerStars. You will also get 1 StrategyPoint for every 2 VPPs you earn. The StrategyPoints you earn determine your member status and access to learning material.
      Hm so I'm a little confused again lol..

In PokerStars I can see only the collected VPP's for the actual year (if I'm right then VPP's are reseted every year or so). But according to PokerStrategy chart I get 1 StrategyPoints for every 2 PokerStar VPP's.

At the moment I have a little more then 150 Strategy Points and almost 170 lifetime Strategy Points.. So I can assume that I have 2x150=300 VPP's? :)

Thanks!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey lele007,

Calculate by your PokerStars VPP and half it. Sometimes PokerStars is a little slow in sending us VPP information. But don't worry you'll receive all your Strategy Points.

But yes, Your calculations are correct :)

Regards,

Kyle.
    • lele007
      lele007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Calculate by your PokerStars VPP and half it.
      The thing is that I can't see my pokerstars VPP total only the actual amount (for the month or for the year).. ok I still have a month and a half or so to collect those 500 VPP's.. will see :) Thanks!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Best bet would be to contact PokerStars support and see how many VPPs you need to clear :)

Help>Contact support. (PokerStars software)

Regards,

Kyle.
    • lele007
      lele007
      Bronze
      Ah good idea thanks
    • lele007
      lele007
      Bronze
      So I've received a reply from pokerstars and they say that I've accumulated only 63VPPs sofar :|

According to this my calculations were wrong maybe because I've received StrategyPoints for different tasks also...
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Maybe you have received the extra 10SPs w/ our promotion and maybe some double points over festive season also w/ out promotions?

Regards,

Kyle.
    • lele007
      lele007
      Bronze
      Maybe, I have no idea where to check the strategy points history.. anyway i'm far far away from 500 VPP's to clear