New HSP season

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      I have just finished to read the article on the news related to the new season of HSP. Well, to be honest I am a bit disappointed as it seem that all the FTP Pro will not be take part to the show.

This mean that we will not have on the table of HSP the best (accord what I have heard around) poker player in the world and the winner of the past two season.

It will look like a World Cup of football without Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Italy. Would you like watch something like that?
      Thx :heart:
  • 7 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Well i'll watch it for sure, but i'm not excited about the lineup either, esp after 6th season had such a good lineup.

Btw i dont understand how Negreanu is not playing. PS is the sponzor of HSP, Negreanu is the ambassador of PS.. Doesnt make sense to me at all. Maybe then understood that he sucks at cash games?
    • Steelbrewer
      Steelbrewer
      Bronze
      6th season was pretty good, only thing that was sad is that they changed AJ Benza for Kara.
      I don't think that missing FTP pros will matter that much, sure everyone has favorites among the pros but there is a lot of good players that deserve some TV time and may be its their chance to get some of it.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      i think its actualy good for people looking to learn becasue most of the players on the television are only on television over there personalities and not there poker skill (e.g) phill hellmuth, mike mattusow, tony G, daniel negreanu ok ok we all know there good players in there own right but tv is just full familiar faces, if your looking to learn watch phil galfond play he rarely makes a mistake or elky very solid player i think this season of high stakes poker has potential
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      yeah but we want to see phil hellmuth for his comical blow ups and the insane needling he receives. We want to see Tony G because there is always the chance he will do something amazing like against that perry guy a few years ago.

And to have HSP without antonius, dwan, or ivey is bad bad news for HSP!

If you're watching these shows to learn how to play then your on a road to ruin because you don't have any clue what is going on in their heads and you don't learn anything watching it when you can see everyones cards!!!!
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StoneJ
      yeah but we want to see phil hellmuth for his comical blow ups and the insane needling he receives. We want to see Tony G because there is always the chance he will do something amazing like against that perry guy a few years ago.

If you're watching these shows to learn how to play then your on a road to ruin because you don't have any clue what is going on in their heads and you don't learn anything watching it when you can see everyones cards!!!!
      i dont agree with anything you said
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      Originally posted by StoneJ

i dont agree with anything you said
      agree to disagree? lol
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ok i ll agree to disagree that its agreeable :)