$11.68
      SB:
      $9.03
      BB:
      $11.32
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4, 4.
      Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.9) T, 8, 4 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.39, SB calls $1.39, BB calls $1.09.

Turn: ($5.07) A (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3.45, SB calls $3.45, BB raises to $9.63(All-In), Hero calls $4.86, SB calls $3.89.

River: ($30.35) J (3 players)

Final Pot: $30.35.

Results follow:

SB shows a flush, ace high(Kc Jc).
      Hero shows three of a kind, fours(4h 4s).
      BB shows a flush, ace high(Tc 2c).

SB wins with a flush, ace high(Kc Jc).

I had SB on a flush (against that i'm 21% to win), because he just called really quickly.. i wasnt really sure about the other guy, he was a pretty big fish (68/15 and lost 5 bucks in past 10 minutes - possible tilt) so i though he might have some one pair type of hand. I was getting 5,2 to 1 (assuming SB was calling too after putting like 60% of his stack in the pot), so i think that i can call here hoping the board will pair. Plus i already put in more than half of my stack so i was pretty much committed to this one.
      What do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it's fine.

I might raise the flop a bit bigger and without your reads on the turn I might consider just check/calling since one of them having a flush would be more likely if BB wasn't such a spazz. Once you're faced with the jam tho you can't fold anymore.

Try and not read too much into people's timing especially if you don't know them. When you think about it there are multiple reasons for people to play fast. Maybe he's really happy to be trapping with the nuts, maybe he just knew instantly he had to call with a flushdraw because that's what he always does. Until you have a better idea of his player type, it's worth collecting the read (it always is) but it shouldn't factor for much into your decisions.

Hope it helps.